2004 Campagnolo Veloce Triple chain rings

RobinB2
RobinB2 Posts: 111
edited February 2016 in Road buying advice
I need to replace the chainrings (well at least the 2 outer ones) on my 2004 Campagnolo Triple chainset. In the past I've found it cheaper to just buy a complete new chainset, but they seem to becoming increasingly rare on the standard internet auction sites

Anybody got any recommendations as to where I might get hold of a set of replacement rings? I think the tooth numbers I'm currently running are something like 52/40/30 (may be wrong) but anything near to that would do the job

Comments

• mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    Why not use TA 135BCD rings as I do on my Veloce triple chainset from the same period as yours? Around £80 for a pair of outer/middle rings. Inner rings for your chainset are 74 BCD and you can fit anything down to a 24 (which is what is on mine). TA rings are very well finished and work just as well as the original Campag. And there is a huge choice of sizes. Have a look at http://www.spacycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b0s113p0
  • RobinB2
    RobinB2 Posts: 111
    Many thanks for the replies - looks like I can get a middle and outer ring more easily and cheaper than a full chainset. Thanks again
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Stronglight are another useful option to OE or TA rings. Incidentally, if you don't use the inner ring much you can use a cheaper model of inner ring when you do need to replace it - might only cost £15 or so for a Stronglight Dural inner irrc.
    Faster than a tent.......