Adam johnson

markyone
markyone Posts: 1,119
edited March 2016 in The cake stop
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35541528
This could be the end of his career,could he end up inside?
Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
Pinarello F8 with sram etap

Comments

• andcp
    andcp Posts: 644
    markyone wrote:
    could he end up inside?

I think ending up inside got him into trouble in the first place. :shock:
    Definitely the end for his career.
    "It must be true, it's on the internet" - Winston Churchill
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    Sounds like the Graham Rix situation (if anyone can remember) where a minor posing as an adult from what I have read, but yes, the damage is done and he has broken the law and will be judged accordingly. Silly boy. What a massive waste for all concerned.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Sounds like the Graham Rix situation (if anyone can remember) where a minor posing as an adult from what I have read, but yes, the damage is done and he has broken the law and will be judged accordingly. Silly boy. What a massive waste for all concerned.

Graham Rix
    Earlier, Desmond de Silva QC, defending, told the court that all sexual contact had been consensual and that the girl had lied to Rix about her age.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/1999/mar/ ... kchaudhary

Adam johnson
    In a second count, Johnson is charged with intentionally touching the complainant in a sexual way knowing that she was under 16. He briefly consulted his legal team before answering “guilty, yeah”.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016 ... r-old-girl

There lies the difference.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    He's admitted some sexual activity and grooming but not the more serious offences of actually having sex with her is that right? I'd have thought jail is likely, hard to see a high profile offender getting off as some will no doubt draw parallels with some of the muslim grooming gang cases that have been brought to court in recent years.

You do wonder what these people are thinking, ok he's a young bloke I can sort of see how he may find a mature 15 year old attractive but ffs he's an international footballer he isn't going to be short of attractive legal age women to shag if that is what he wants.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Odd as doing the rounds was she never told him her age. There were photos of her doing the rounds as well and bloody hell she never looked 15 more early 20s all dolled up. Also other was she approached him in a nightclub. Seems this to be untrue or she did and he carried it on after. It'll all come out.

As said though stupid bastard and you seen his OH? What a mug.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    That's him away then. Sacked. No respectable club will sign him now. An Asian league somewhere once he's done his time?

Fancy his chances in the shower block then?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Talking of nonces, what happened to rapist footballer who was trying to get a new contract about 6 months ago but no one would touch him?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • DeVlaeminck
    Never found a club - a couple were willing to sign him but withdrew because of protests.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Ched Evans is the guy you are on about, last I heard the case had gone to retrial as new evidence had come to light. Either way he is either a complete tool or a complete tool and rapist!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Ched Evan's case has gone to the court of appeal. When the case is heard, a number of outcomes are possible. The court of appeal could uphold the conviction, quash it or overturn it and order a retrial.

However, the ordering of retrials is relatively rare when an appellant has already served the sentence.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • The one that makes my blood boil is Luke McCormick, killed two young kids driving whilst pissed in his Range Rover. Went to prison for a few years and got signed by Plymouth, last time I heard I think he was the captain.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    Guilty with a suggested sentencing range between 4 and 10 years.

Equally Sunderland are just above the level of Johnson if like Johnson suggests they were party to the initial not guilty plea so he could help in the relegation battle.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • bradsbeard wrote:
    Odd as doing the rounds was she never told him her age. There were photos of her doing the rounds as well and bloody hell she never looked 15 more early 20s all dolled up. Also other was she approached him in a nightclub. Seems this to be untrue or she did and he carried it on after. It'll all come out.

As said though stupid bastard and you seen his OH? What a mug.

Those photos we're actually his current misses at 15.

The actual pics of her that didn't do the rounds (seen one) still hold true for what u said though, and some!
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    The guy is an idiot who let his nether regions do his thinking.
    I have seen lots of instances where young girls who look much older openly push themselves on rich people for no other reason than to get into a VIP area of a club, its crazy.
    I am unsure of the facts here but am told she met him in a club ? must of passed for 18 but did he know she was 15 when his kissed her ?
    Anyway, the judge is going to make an example of him and the legal system is not going to want to look stupid here and have the matter drag on so he won't get ten years as that will immediately bring a retrial for excessive sentencing so my guess is 7 years.
    Living MY dream.
  • DeVlaeminck
    7 seems a lot given what some have been given in grooming cases which seem to have far more in the way of aggravating factors. I'll go for 5 years.
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Still can't believe it, what an idiot, his bird is a total babe! (ex bird) she's obviously too old for him though!
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    On balance of what I've read and seen about this trial I would go for 5 years maximum. Deserves a custodial term for the grooming element, he knew what he was doing, even if the temptations were there. I don't think that the victim was completely exploited though, she did appear to instigate the initial approach. Most 15 year olds do have some clue about birds and bees. I guess as he's 26 and she 15 he's got 11 more years life experience and should have been the one to be responsible. If he got more than 5 years there would be some imbalance I think. After all Stuart Hall's up and out already...
    On the same balance what would have been done with Jimmy Saville if he had been caught alive... a life sentence wouldn't have been enough..
  • RideOnTime wrote:
    On balance of what I've read and seen about this trial I would go for 5 years maximum. Deserves a custodial term for the grooming element, he knew what he was doing, even if the temptations were there. I don't think that the victim was completely exploited though, she did appear to instigate the initial approach. Most 15 year olds do have some clue about birds and bees. I guess as he's 26 and she 15 he's got 11 more years life experience and should have been the one to be responsible. If he got more than 5 years there would be some imbalance I think. After all Stuart Hall's up and out already...
    On the same balance what would have been done with Jimmy Saville if he had been caught alive... a life sentence wouldn't have been enough..

Saville should have been arrested for being a weirdo. It was patently clear there was something very wrong there.
  • VTech
    The problem you have is the "example process" of the UK justice system.
    You get a higher sentence for being classed as a role model who then does an activity which they prove shows bad intentions that others could follow.
    Of course this isn't exactly lawful as the law is meant to apply to all but regardless of that, its a fact that he will get sentenced higher than an average guy who touched a girl inappropriately which is what he was found guilty of. I don't think he was found guilty of the oral sex issue ?
    Anyway, I'm not saying that she is innocent, I actually think she knew far more about "the birds and bees" than the average 15 year old who in general knows enough anyway.
    She wasn't a sweet young girl, she went to clubs and was out all hours which I agree dent make her fair game but it adds to the reason she is in this position. I wouldn't allow my 15 year old to go to a night club.

I think that he will pay a heavy price for his actions and his punishment will be fair according to his crime (which hasn't been a crime for too long lets be fair) and at the same time I am unsure that using words like grooming and saville should be used in this case, he did wrong but he was no saville.
    Living MY dream.
  • The bar was well and truly set by one of the red tops yesterday who had a picture of him in is swimming trunks and the headline "Peado In His Speedos"
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    VTech wrote:
    She wasn't a sweet young girl, she went to clubs and was out all hours which I agree dent make her fair game but it adds to the reason she is in this position. I wouldn't allow my 15 year old to go to a night club.

I think that he will pay a heavy price for his actions and his punishment will be fair according to his crime (which hasn't been a crime for too long lets be fair) and at the same time I am unsure that using words like grooming and saville should be used in this case, he did wrong but he was no saville.

Read what you've posted and see if you can see anything wrong in the words and sentiment you have expressed?

Did you read the transcript from the trial?

Do you understand what he did was wrong?

Are you suggesting that the victim was culpable? Why do you think you have the right to judge and make value judgements on a child's life? Something for the most part is down to the environment they are brought up in and have little control over themselves.

The only difference between this peado and Saville is the fact that this guy was caught early in his career. As with all sexual predators his behaviour would have only escalated and the pool of victims would only increase. Is the basis of your comment that his victims didn't correlate in numbers of victims?

Oh and the sentencing guideline mean it's 4 to 10 years and if the sentence is heavy it acts as a deterrent. Supposedly.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • VTech
    My point was that sex with a 15 year old has been illegal for a very small time (although morally I see it as wrong on a personal level)

You have to understand that in the circles I have worked I have seen many young girls throw themselfs sexually at famous people or wealthy people and the fact is that they do not look 15 hence being in clubs etc.
    I am not saying it's right. He did wrong, was caught and if facing judgement but he wasn't on the same level as saville. Not even close. To suggest so is crazy.

He was a young kid himself. Found fame at an early age and hasn't grown up like the average guy and I'm not saying that's an excuse. I'm simply saying that's the way it is.

He did wrong. No doubt.
    Living MY dream.
  • ballysmate
    6 Years
  • ballysmate
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    = 3 years I think.

But now that he is guilty of a criminal charge it will be quite easy for the victim, and maybe others, to get a civil conviction and damages as the standard of proof in a civil case is considerably less. This is what bankrupted Mike Tyson.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • FishFish

• ballysmate
    Perhaps they could go back further and stop Chris Waddle taking that penalty against Germany in 1990
  • VTech
    Ballysmate wrote:

Did they do that prior to him being found guilty ?
    I am a huge believer in innocent until proven guilty and this should be the case no matter what the crime otherwise whats the point in a legal system ?
    He was wrong,. he has and will pay the price for his sins. I just can't put this on the same level as Saville because that would make a mockery of those who suffered at the hands of Saville. He went after children, he went after those that there was no doubt int he world he should have avoided, he was as has been said a predator.

Johnson was a fool, maybe he would have continued but we don't possess hindsight so can't really comment on that and as far as i am aware, no one else has come forward with similar allegations about him ?

Trust me when I tell you, girls do come onto guys they think have money and think nothing of it. I have seen it in different countries, the same story, girls after rich men.
    I am not saying it makes anything right. Its just the way it is.
    Parents need to also realise that they shouldn't allow their kids to go to clubs when underage, it is very easy to blame someone but how many men here who if were single and at a club and were approached by a beautiful girl who looked around 18-20 would refuse them if it was offered on the plate ?
    I mean, they are in a night club so you know they are 18 ?

I know Johnsons case was different and he was aware through her Facebook page but I can't class this the same as Saville or someone who goes after a child.
    Living MY dream.
  • FishFish
    Well if they changed the penalty outcome then that would make a difference but taking back 12 caps from his hat box (in 6 years time) will make no difference and expunging him from football history would be impossible. Did they ban him for life too?

• FishFish
    VTech wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    I can't class this the same as Saville or someone who goes after a child.

I agree but in spite of the innuendo he has been charged with breaking a law. Maybe the law was right or wrong but it was the law and it was in place then. It is strict liability age rather than apparant age.