A bike for the wife........

Caveman_Chris
Caveman_Chris Posts: 135
edited February 2016 in MTB buying advice
After replacing most of the parts on my bike, I have somewhat of a surplus of parts of which I was going to build myself a 'nip to the shops/local uphill KOM beast/cx' bike.

However, 'er indoors must have smelt the potential for fun and has decided that she would like a bike to cruise round the woods on. So...... Frame suggestions?

Must be 29", 142x12 and 16" ish

Looking at various on one's, all their tamer frames seem to have vertical dropouts?

Thanks.
'14 Whyte T129s-*DEAD*
OnOne Codeine 29er

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    142 is a relatively new standard, if the wheel can converted to 135x10 you'll get a lot more choices of frames, new or especially used, the on-one Parkwood is one to look.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I got the Mrs a Giant Trance 29er in a small frame, She absolutely loves it!
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • The Rookie wrote:
    142 is a relatively new standard, if the wheel can converted to 135x10 you'll get a lot more choices of frames, new or especially used, the on-one Parkwood is one to look.

The spare wheels I have have Whyte branded hubs so I don't think they'll convert, and there's no way she's getting my hopes. :P

I think I'll have to keep trawling eBay.
    '14 Whyte T129s-*DEAD*
    OnOne Codeine 29er
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Sometimes I practiced a 'bike ' as a replacement for the wife.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll: