bought some crud racer mudguards... now i need aome new tyres... recommendations?

cookci
cookci Posts: 25
edited February 2016 in Road buying advice
Hopefully this is not the usual easy to answer tyre question!

I have been running durano 28c tyres for commuting. I like them, they seem grippy and reliable albeit a little slow!

Just bought some crud racer 2 guards and they dont fit with the durano 28c and they dont fit my some gp 4000 25c which i borrowed from my summer bike however they fit nicely with bags of room with a spare mavic aksion 25c. The problem is i only have one aksion!

Id quite happily run the aksions however they have been discontinued! I found one for sale on ebay but i feel like im delaying the fact that i need to find another tyre.

I find it odd that the gp4000 come up so much bigger than the aksion which makes me wonder if other 25c tyres will fit

Can any recommend a small 25c tyre please?
Thanks
Christian

Comments

• mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    Sorry I cant recommend any specific tyres but I can tell you that 25c Michelin Pro4 SC's wont fit either, theyre close to 28mm inflated.

I'm using 23c Michelin Lithions with my MKII cruds. I previously had Schwalbe Luganos (23c) and they were very tight fitting and the slightest layer of dust on them caused rubbing/annoyance.
  • cookci
    How do you find the michis?
    I have a set of lugano 23c wire in storage but i hated everything about them. They felt like stone and had dangerously low levels of grip!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    edited February 2016
    Would 23mm tyres that come up a little big not make more sense than restricting your choice to 25mm that come up small?

Better still, get a different set of mudguards :wink:
  • cookci
    Not a bad shout. Whats a good comfy 23c tyre then?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Continental 4 seasons would be my choice, but not sure they will meet your comfort requirement.

Feeling that 'comfort' and crud guards may be asking too much.
    I would change the Guards for commuting and get some 25mm 4 Seasons.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    vredestein senso 25's blow up nice apparently. I should have a pair on the way soon.
  • cookci wrote:
    Hopefully this is not the usual easy to answer tyre question!

I have been running durano 28c tyres for commuting. I like them, they seem grippy and reliable albeit a little slow!

Just bought some crud racer 2 guards and they dont fit with the durano 28c and they dont fit my some gp 4000 25c which i borrowed from my summer bike however they fit nicely with bags of room with a spare mavic aksion 25c. The problem is i only have one aksion!

Id quite happily run the aksions however they have been discontinued! I found one for sale on ebay but i feel like im delaying the fact that i need to find another tyre.

I find it odd that the gp4000 come up so much bigger than the aksion which makes me wonder if other 25c tyres will fit

Can any recommend a small 25c tyre please?
    Thanks
    Christian

Why not get some Durano's in 25 or 23c instead?