Italian or BSA BB?

roubaixtom
roubaixtom Posts: 316
edited February 2016 in Workshop
Hi

I'm replacing a seized BB in my girflireidns Boardman road Fi. It has an FSA Gossamer chain set and an FSA mega exo drive bottom bracket. Am I able to replace this BB with a shim and offering and if so do I need to buy an English thread or Italian thread?

Thanks
Tom

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Roubaixtom wrote:
    Am I able to replace this BB with a shim and offering and if so do I need to buy an English thread or Italian thread?

English thread. No idea what on earth you mean by a 'shim and offering' though....
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Imposter wrote:
    Roubaixtom wrote:
    Am I able to replace this BB with a shim and offering and if so do I need to buy an English thread or Italian thread?

English thread. No idea what on earth you mean by a 'shim and offering' though....

I think it's something to do with the Catholic Church.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Imposter wrote:
    Roubaixtom wrote:

I presume "shimano offering".

I'd be staggered if it's Italian BB.

Is it definitely GXP (threaded)?
    Commute: Langster -Singlecross - Brompton S2-LX

Road: 95 Trek 5500 -Look 695 Aerolight eTap - Boardman TTe eTap

Offroad: Pace RC200 - Dawes Kickback 2 tandem - Tricross - Boardman CXR9.8 - Ridley x-fire
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    Shimano "O" ring??
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    English thread ma boy, eh........
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • yes it is threaded, or some reason i though it was italian. I don't think the cups are reverse threaded
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Roubaixtom wrote:
    yes it is threaded, or some reason i though it was italian. I don't think the cups are reverse threaded

If it is a BSA BB (which it almost certainly will be), then one side of the BB will be LH thread, the other will be RH thread.