Giant UK Tel Number (Warrenty Claim)

tmg
tmg Posts: 651
edited February 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi
Friend is dealing with Giant to get a frame replaced under warrenty, they are delaing with a Giant dealer right now but they are not doing much to progress the claim, has anyone got a name / number for Giant UK so they can call them themseleves to try and sort it?

Thanks
T

Comments

• izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Giant UK will only deal with the dealer. They are normally very quick. Any recent dealers are probably as during January Giant call their country office personnel over to Taiwan to run through what releases are coming in the next 12 months.

He should go via another outlet.
  • tmg
    They are going through a dealer but they arent doing much, took some photos and said they would send of to Giant but its been a couple of weeks and nothing heard, so they want to see if anything has even been sent in and if not they can then go to another dealer
  • ovi
    ovi Posts: 396
    my claim was sorted within a couple of days but it did take a couple of weeks for the delivery of a new frame at my lbs
  • tmg
    Thanks, am glad they sorted your claim but doesn't help my friend out

Guess its just a crappy dealer they are having to go through, will suggest they take it to another Giant dealer
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Where is he based?
  • tmg
    Cambridge
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    who is he using?
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • tmg
    The one on Hills Road, went in and they seemed un-interested, took a couple of pics, friend had to prompt them to take his details, told him it would cost him money to strip the bike and re-build if Giant agree to claim and change the frame, asked to be cc'd on any correspondance so he could see progress - nothing happened since. Called store a couple of times and all he gets is we are busy and we will do it today.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,147
    tell them you'll report them to trading standards

then report them to trading standards

next step, small claims process
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    If he bought the bike there I wouldn't expect to have to pay to strip it, the Hills Road store if I am correct is now part of Rutland Cycling, I would give a call to the head office http://www.rutlandcycling.com/pages/our-stores.aspx and complain there about the service, tell your friend to be clear about when he dropped it, emails, communications, visits, etc and a timeline of events. I am pretty sure you will then get a more interested reply
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    It's the shop's obligations to sort it out - if your mate paid by credit card, give the card company a call and raise a claim for defective goods.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • tmg
    Thanks, I'll suggest he calls Rutland direct as suggested.