OS Maps for Garmin 1000?

MTB here to stay
MTB here to stay Posts: 3
edited February 2016 in MTB buying advice
I'm thinking of buying a Garmin 1000 and want to buy high quality GB OS maps for it, without spending a fortune.

I've seen that 'Garmin' do their own maps also 'Satmap' do maps, both come in 1:25k and 1:50k. Also you can get HD options. Theres so many options !
Does anyone know whats the best GB map to get for the Garmin 1000?

Hope you can help.

Comments

• FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Try memory map they have sales from time to time of the UK coverage on various scales. I think you have to subscribe if you source them direct from the OS. I use a memory map satnav and 1:50k UK coverage - not HD quite happy with that for MTB off road. Got me back home on many occasions.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • I'm thinking of buying a Garmin 1000 and want to buy high quality GB OS maps for it, without spending a fortune.

I've seen that 'Garmin' do their own maps also 'Satmap' do maps, both come in 1:25k and 1:50k. Also you can get HD options. Theres so many options !
    Does anyone know whats the best GB map to get for the Garmin 1000?

Hope you can help.

Garmin 1000 uses Open Street Map now, I find it very clear and up to date and much better than the previous maps that shipped with the 705.
  • Sounds like there's more options than I thought.

Just to make it clear I mainly do mountain biking so I'm looking for GB maps with good coverage of off road tracks.

Thanks.
  • NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • Sounds like there's more options than I thought.

Just to make it clear I mainly do mountain biking so I'm looking for GB maps with good coverage of off road tracks.

Thanks.

The openstreetmaps is very good, it can be a bit barren on areas that folks rarely go to, but areas such Surrey hills are great.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Search for dcrainmaker and free Garmin maps, all explained there and works perfectly
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500