Inner rim widt Planet x london road

ilovegrace
ilovegrace Posts: 677
edited February 2016 in Road buying advice
Tried in commuter section so will try here as well .
hi all
Help required.
I have the original PX LR with the supplied PX wheels.
I am using 28mm Continental ultras and have had 3 puncture in three rides !
After reading a review in Bikes etc on wiggles Lifeline tyres i was going to order a pair . however the max they do is 25mm , my question is , will the be Ok for the wheels ?
i do not know much about wheel tyre combinations so not sure if these will be to narrow.
Look forward to your help, i am ridding into work all week and do not fancy more punctured commutes.
regards
ILG

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Rim width will probably be 17mm - 28mm is slightly over (normally 1.5x inner rim width) - any bigger and the bead might not stay put reliably. I've run 32mm CX tyres on skinny rims, often depends on tyre and rim combos.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • ilovegrace wrote:
    hi all
    Help required.
    After reading a review in Bikes etc on wiggles Lifeline tyres i was going to order a pair . however the max they do is 25mm , my question is , will the be Ok for the wheels ?
    i do not know much about wheel tyre combinations so not sure if these will be to narrow.
    Look forward to your help, i am ridding into work all week and do not fancy more punctured commutes.
    regards
    ILG
    This interests me also. I think my LR came with Continental 37mm's. They've been great but through the summer I'm expecting to do more road riding and thought about running thinner tyres and have some 25mm kicking around spare. Maybe I need to just put them on an see how I go......but wondered if anyone else had any experience with thinner tyres?
  • simono5 wrote:
    ilovegrace wrote:
    hi all
    Help required.
    regards
    ILG
    This interests me also. I think my LR came with Continental 37mm's. They've been great but through the summer I'm expecting to do more road riding and thought about running thinner tyres and have some 25mm kicking around spare. Maybe I need to just put them on an see how I go......but wondered if anyone else had any experience with thinner tyres?
    Hi
    Thanks for the replies.
    I Have checked the rim inner width (had to go into a cold garage deflate and re inflate my tyre) and the inner rim width is 19mm , having checked sheldon Brown , and other sites , the min tyre for "Safe" ridding is 28 mm .
    So in the interest of safety i have gone for the michelin pro 4 endurance 28 mm , think 25mm would be ok but i work in a high viz H&S enviroment and they have got to me ?
    Cost me £20 more than the wiggle tyres mind you.
    regsrds
    ILG