Marzocchi drop off triple for oil

matt2212
matt2212 Posts: 25
edited February 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
Does anyone know around what wait SAE 7.5 is or any ideas what oil to get for these forks so they have no harsh top out anymore thanks Matt

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    There are a few different models with different internals. Marzocchi have old manuals on their website, you need to find the right one for the year and model of your fork.
  • There are marzocchi drop off triple 170 QR20 I think
    If that helps
  • rockmonkeysc
    Not really still need to know the year and damper model plus I told you where to find what you need.
  • Yes but I wanted a slightly thicker oil to help with rebound dampening but don't know what w to get as on marzocchi website it says SAE 7.5 but you can't buy that oil anymore so would what would be the best in w
  • rockmonkeysc
    Depends what you want to achieve but if they haven't been serviced in a few years then the oil in your dampers is probably gone or dead and killed the rebound damping.
    Motorcycle fork oil I'd available in SAE 7.5 and is fine to use.
  • Ok any idea of what oil would be best from these on eBay the item number is 161712460468 thanks
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    you are not really helping yourself.

what year are they? the download the manual. and just about every Marz fork uses 7.5 wt oil.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Ok sorted now thanks