£1000 budget and no clue!!

GRicha673
GRicha673 Posts: 23
edited February 2016 in Road buying advice
Looking at getting back in the saddle after a lengthy lay off. I used to ride a cannondale supersix, but I can only really spare a £1000. I'm looking at what people with a similar budget have bought in the past. I'm open to brand new or eBay!!! Thanks guys

Comments

• dstev55
    dstev55 Posts: 742
    GRicha673 wrote:
    Looking at getting back in the saddle after a lengthy lay off. I used to ride a cannondale supersix, but I can only really spare a £1000. I'm looking at what people with a similar budget have bought in the past. I'm open to brand new or eBay!!! Thanks guys

"only £1000"

You can get a great bike for £1k.

If you rode a Supersix in the past then I'm assuming you'll be wanting something with a fairly aggressive geometry again? There's plenty of Supersix's going cheap at the moment. The 2015 105 version can still be had for around £1k.

I'd definitely be looking at full 105 for that price unless you find a great frame with a lesser spec. Don't dismiss the "cycling supermarkets" either, both Halfords(Boardman - lots of deals on old models at the moment) and Decathlon(Btwin bikes generally get great reviews) are both great value.

Generally speaking though, there aren't many bad bikes about, just read up on your groupset hierarchy, go swing a leg over a few and if you can test ride some, then buy what you like the most of!
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    GRicha673 wrote:

Look at Pauls Cycles mate. They have loads of deals, particularly on Cannondale Supersix series.

Enjoy getting back on the road - there is nothing quite like it.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Here you go.
    http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m7b0s6p551 ... 105-5-2014"
  • Thanks guys, I never meant to sound snobby saying only a £1000 lol we know how expensive this cycling malarkey is! If I had £5k I could spend it in a second!