Budget flat pedals

big_chris-2
big_chris-2 Posts: 2,098
edited February 2016 in MTB buying advice
Having ridden clipless for years, I want to give flats a try again on my MTB. I don't want to spend loads in case I decide I prefer clipless, so which would you guys recommend?

I've read good things about the Superstar Nano-X which is top of my list so far.
Something...

Comments

• JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    Nanos or Shimano Saints (£37). I have the Nanos, great pedals.

I've always ridden SPDs but recently gone over to flats, feels like a backward step but felt SPDs were ultimately holding me back on the more aggressive trails.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Get a used set then when you remember why you use SPD's you can sell them on for what you paid.
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    I've got some Gusset Slim Jims for sale in the classifieds.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    JGTR wrote:
    I've got some Gusset Slim Jims for sale in the classifieds.

There you go. As good as anything else.
  • big_chris-2
    I'd rather buy new thanks, then if I do like them but I have problems then I've got the warranty.

I see they're doing the Delta pedals on the Superstar website for similar price to the Nano at the moment, are they worth considering too?

I've always liked riding clipless but a few of my riding buddies have said they like the freedom of flats so I'm curious. I used to ride flats in my teens when I was just arsing about in the woods building jumps and riding street, but now I'm more of a 'just go for a ride' kinda guy so I went clipless.
    Something...
  • cubedean
    cubedean Posts: 670
    I've just bought a pair of superstar el plastiques, really good grip from the replaceable pins, fairly light and thin on height.
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    I've got nukeproof electrons, they are excellent and cheap.
  • big_chris-2
    Thanks guys, I think I'll go with the Nanos as I've read a lot of good reviews and they're a decent price.
    Something...
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    cheapest possible from CRC then you won't loose much when you go back to spd's after 10 mins
  • big_chris-2
    We'll see!
    Something...