Evans saddle policy

turbotommy
turbotommy Posts: 493
edited February 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi guys

Am I right in thinking Evans let you buy and try a saddle, returning it if its not suited to you?

If so, does this principle apply to higher end saddles too?

Thanks in advance
Cannondale caad7 ultegra
S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
Colnago c64 etap wifli
Brother Swift

Comments

• Hi Tommy,

Its an exchange/store credit deal and yes on all new saddles.
    Cotic Soul
    Pearson Hanzo
    Airborne Zeppelin
  • Ah cool

Many thanks, ThanksBye
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • Not according to this

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/ada ... 98#answers
  • ^^thats interesting

Does anyone have 1st hand experience of returning a saddle after trying it?

I've heard a few times that Evans have such a policy but the response to the question on their site would suggest otherwise...
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • TurboTommy wrote:
    ^^thats interesting

I've heard a few times that Evans have such a policy but the response to the question on their site would suggest otherwise...

I read the reply to your post and had a quick glance at some adamos as I fancy trying them - that link I posted was one if many so I think it's clear Evans don't do this service but best to email them directly and if they do hang on to the email for evidence if they get sticky.
  • hypster
    hypster Posts: 1,229
    My daughter has taken advantage of this recently (at Evans) and returned two saddles for a store credit. She is currently on her third saddle. I think she has had up to a month to decide if she gets on with the saddle or not.
  • TurboTommy wrote:
    ^^thats interesting

Yes early 2014 I got a Bontrager carbon saddle, took it on a couple of rides, then decided it wasn't for me, too hard. I sent it back within the 30 days and got a cash refund.

But at least in this case it was Bontrager, not Evans who offered the money back guarantee.