Not much doing Sunday

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
edited February 2016 in The bottom bracket
Well not on here. But good news for all you Gillian fans - new series of the XFiles is on the box tomorrow evening. Yay.

Onwards to mundane tasks.
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    too young for X files.
    50 miles into and out of the wind was nice given the sun.
    Mate is coming over to cut some tiles for me for the bike rack area of the dining room.
    New flat too look at too.
    Still no pic of the Date for you lot. I could but I'm not going to show. hardly like you lot share anyway.
    Rugby at 3 which is an excuse for a beer
    Roast dinner to end the day
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Slow start but finally got away from the sister in laws - now clearing the attic

Pub later should improve the day
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    too young for X files.
    50 miles into and out of the wind was nice given the sun.
    Mate is coming over to cut some tiles for me for the bike rack area of the dining room.
    New flat too look at too.
    Still no pic of the Date for you lot. I could but I'm not going to show. hardly like you lot share anyway.
    Rugby at 3 which is an excuse for a beer
    Roast dinner to end the day
    You're not too young for Gillian though.

Anyhow, there pics of both me and TLW on here somewhere, so it's your turn.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    A limited ride by duration on account we're visiting the in laws. Wind sun more wind, sun, wind, wind wind rain, sun wind wind

Relaxing pm before drive back to Shropshire. Maybe a Skype call tonight , maybe not.

Chilled either way and I'll look for a half decent film tonigh to finish off the weekend
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Classic car event this morning, met the owners of the last ever 2cv made in Portugal, lunch and then a stroll in the sunshine to the nature reserve to ogle some birds :D

Pics of birds?

(No Norks only storks)
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Went to a car bash today. An HF Integrale, an E35 M3, XK120, Aston Martin DB4(?) and an Isetta was about the best on offer. Tin snails galore.

2 forumites on two car bashes at the same time, odd really...

It's sunny and 18/19c just now :D
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,416
    Who's up for a babe off with pics of their Missus?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Something tells me you're keen to enter this comp Seano, so you go first with pics of Miss Wombleski. You must have plenty to choose from on your phone :P
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,416
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Something tells me you're keen to enter this comp Seano, so you go first with pics of Miss Wombleski. You must have plenty to choose from on your phone :P
    Yep :D and it's Wombleska, men are ski.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    I was bashing a classic car today, does that count? Fighting the suspension on the Mini. Suspension won so I gave up and put it back together before it got dark. Test drive round the block showed the knocking had gone. Drove a bit further, still no knock. So maybe I did win, although I didn't actually fix the thing I set out to fix. Pumped up the tyres on the velocipede. Now chilling.
  • team47b
    DSC04092.jpg[/URL]
  • team47b
    Pinno wrote:
    Went to a car bash today. An HF Integrale, an E35 M3, XK120, Aston Martin DB4(?) and an Isetta was about the best on offer. Tin snails galore.

DB5

Beach looked nice too :D

DSC04090.jpg
  • tlw1
    team47b wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

DB5

Beach looked nice too :D

DSC04090.jpg

Was meant to do a rally in a db5 but it wasn't ready in time, so we used an e-type :(
  • pinno
    ^ You poor thing.
  • Stevo_666
    Bastard weather has scuppered my pedalling tomorrow Again. Cheered myself up listening to a spot of Chubby Brown - his song about Jimmy Savile made me laugh :D
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    ^ You poor thing.

Thanks baby doll

The e-type broke down on day 2 :(
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    ^ You poor thing.

Thanks baby doll

At least you can look cool sitting in a e-type by the side of the road. What did you do after that, bail out and go home?
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    ^ You poor thing.

Thanks baby doll

At least you can look cool sitting in a e-type by the side of the road. What did you do after that, bail out and go home?

Yes, long trip home from Corsica via breakdown truck, ferry, taxi, train, taxi, euro star, taxi, train, rolls Royce :)

All whilst drinking - I had a great time
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    ^ You poor thing.

Thanks baby doll

Yes, long trip home from Corsica via breakdown truck, ferry, taxi, train, taxi, euro star, taxi, train, rolls Royce :)

What was wrong with it, couldn't it be sorted?
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    ^ You poor thing.

Thanks baby doll

Wheel bearing
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    ^ You poor thing.

Thanks baby doll

Wheel bearing

Is that it!! ...and you couldn't pull some strings to get the part delivered pronto? :roll:

Unless it was completely shot, you could have driven on, no?
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    booze was offered
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    Flâneur wrote:
    booze was offered

:)

Completely shot on a Saturday afternoon - so we could get the parts in time for the next day