Prescription Sunglasses

racoonbilly
racoonbilly Posts: 20
edited February 2016 in Road buying advice
I have had a good search and read a few threads on prescription sunglasses for cycling, I would prefer the Oakley wrap around type with prescription lenses rather than inserts, I would prefer it if I could clip in different colour prescription lenses for varying light conditions but have a feeling this would be very expensive - i.e. Oakley lenses ££££

I have a narrower face so need something in a smaller size, the only smaller frame I’ve seen that is half decent looking is the "Bolle bolt S"

Has anyone else been in this situation?, I would prefer something nice looking, some with inserts look really dorky and prefer spend under £200.

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,983
    I am considering getting some myself. My research is pointing me towards these, but I have not pushed the "buy" button yet.
    https://www.optilabs.com/product/rapide/
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • I have quite a high index and ended up going for a pair of Rudy Project, Magster's to be precise.

Although they have a rear insert, they don't look bad at all, and have plenty of interchangeable lenses.

I bought from http://www.rxsport.co.uk and they allow you to trial (for the cost of postage) a few different frames before you buy. I think I had about three different frames/kits before I settled on the magsters.

The best bit about going for something like Rudy Project or Oakley is you can easily get spares.
    Look 675 Light Di2
    Boardman Pro C winter hack
    Cannondale Prophet
    Decathlon Hub geared City bike
  • crossed
    crossed Posts: 237
    Optilabs are good.
    If you see frames on the website that you like they will send you some demo frames to try first to ensure they fit and are comfortable.

I ordered a set from them at the back end of last year and they are fantastic. Not quite as comfortable as my Oakley glasses but for less than half the price I can't complain!
  • 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    +1 for rxsport; I bought my FlackJackets from them with photochromic lenses and have been very happy with them. I've also bought a couple of pairs of ordinary glasses (again Oakley frames) through them. They have good turn around times and comms, and quality is certainly on a par with any b&M optician I've used in the past.
  • thanks everyone for all your replies, I will investigate and post back when I have made a decision.

Cheers

Jason