Nasty case of spam you've got there...

2»

Comments

• Pete
    Pete Posts: 9
    Absolutely true, but as with the proactive measures, I have to stress that you're only seeing the stuff that makes it through. We have deleted a number of accounts before they've been able to post, when they've been reliably spam-like.

Suggestions always appreciated; I just don't want it to appear as though we're not doing these things just because some of the spam has made it to the board.
  • NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    So far you're easily the best** "Red" name to converse with so please keep that up.

**In my extensive experience of administering large forums.
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    Been keeping an eye on newly registered accounts. Obvious spam accounts seem to have stopped since we implemented the most recent measures. We'll see if that holds
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • Updates:

We have monitored the server logs and identified a number of interesting IPs we are now blackholing their requests (so their software gets a request that looks legit but its not its killed).

We have been going through 'interesting' looking usernames and deleting them.

We will monitor tonight as it seems to be hit at 0300 - 1130hrs hopefully we have closed a few more holes.

Please continue to report spam as it allows us to see the 'public' spam first as us admins can also see posts marked 'auto added to moderate' so its not so clear what spam is public and spam that is captured by the filters.

We know the spam filters are working as totay I was deleting users who had well over 90% of their posts trapped in the filters.
  • Houston we have a problem.

Bit hard to keep reporting spam when there are pages and pages of it.
  • I can't see any more right now. Hopfully I blasted most of it
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Road General is a mess...
  • bobmcstuff wrote:
    Road General is a mess...

On it now. Thanks.
    BikeRadar Communities Manager