New rubber time

step83
step83 Posts: 4,170
edited February 2016 in Road buying advice
Been running some conti GP classics the brown wall jobbies. Which wernt bad, I put a massive scrape in one having to brake suddenly on gravel an sliding the back out (apparently it looked dam good) an recently picked up a nasty tear on the front from discarded glass.
Tyres were nice just blew up very big for a 25c which made it impossible to fit any type of mudguard. So Any suggestions for 25c's? Or should I stick with the defacto GP4000s?

Comments

• This time of year I'd think very carefully about going to Michelin Pro4 Endurance. Very, very durable but still very fast rolling and a great carcass size and shape (especially on 23mm wide rims).
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • step83
    The bike tart in me says they would look much better Black an white without any yellow bits. How are they for punctures? I'm planning on sending the bike on a diet with some latex tubes an other bits soon.
  • dstev55
    dstev55 Posts: 742
    I've been running Pro 4 Endurance through approximately 3000kms of winter riding and I've had no problems with them. In fact they grip pretty well even in the worst of conditions.
  • step83
    May have a dabble then, CRC are doing them for £21.99 each with a tube as well, spares are handy! Read a few reviews which all seem to say like youve both said its grippy and resists punctures well.
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,523
    I was using GP 4 season, but changed a while back to Pro 4 endurance and I think I prefer them.
    They feel faster - but it may all be in my head.
  • jermas
    jermas Posts: 484
    You'll need 23mm if you choose Michelin pro4 and want to fit mudguards. The 25mm ones will be larger volume than the continentals (more like 27mm) good tyres though. Vredstein all weather have a smaller volume for 25mm and are good, although not quite as puncture resistant as the Michelin.
  • step83
    Do you mean the Senso's? Bit annoying on the Michelin's frame states anything over a 25 will mean no mud guards, if the Sensos are close to a true 25 that would make them ideal. Investigation time!
  • jermas
    jermas Posts: 484
    Yup senso. Ribble do a twin pack deal on them -possibly the cheapest.