Rock Lobster SV Posts: 9
edited March 2016 in Your mountain bikes
Here's a photo of my Rock Lobster Team Ti
24173675584_f9ba61a563_b.jpg

Frame - Rock Lobster Team Titanium
Forks - Kinesis Rigid
Drivetrain - Full XT
Brakes - Hope Mono Mini
Wheels - Mavix717 rims on Hope hubs with hope skewers wrapped in Panaracer Fire XC Pro 2.1 tyres
Headset - Hope
Stem - Thomson
Bars - Joystick 8 Bit Alloy
Grips - ODI Troy Lee Designs
Seatpost - Thomson with hope clamp
Saddle - Selle Italia Troy Lee Designs limited edition skulls

Cheers, thanks for looking

Comments

• Forgot to add to the initial post.
    The Rock Lobster weighs in a 24lb which I was quite please with.
    Just got hold of some Maxxis DTH folding tan wall tyres to put on as well
  • Nice RL Ti, oddly enough I seem to have taken the same route to a titanium Rock Lobster as you, via a Merlin Malt (1), then a Team Tig (such a lightweight frame) then onto a Ti. Love mine, I plan on keeping it a long time. Enjoy yours
  • Nice RL Ti, oddly enough I seem to have taken the same route to a titanium Rock Lobster as you, via a Merlin Malt (1), then a Team Tig (such a lightweight frame) then onto a Ti. Love mine, I plan on keeping it a long time. Enjoy yours

Hi Hairylegs66,
    Thanks. I started out with a Merlin Malt 2 which I purchased in 2003 and then went onto a Rock Lobster Team Ti, which I loved. I was then gutted when a crack appeared in the Ti frame where the top tube meets the seat tube. I then bought the Rock Lobster Team Tig frame and transferred all the components from the Ti onto the Tig and my Ti frame sat in the shed for around 5 years until I managed to find someone to fix it. I then built both of the Rock Lobsters back up after being knocked off the Tig by a car. You can see all three of my bikes including the Team Tig before and after the rebuild on the Non Aggressive Hardtail thread. Is your Team Ti the older one with the triangular cross sectional tubes like mine or the later one with round tubes? Enjoy yours too mate, you don't see that many Team Ti's about. In fact I've never seem another one.
  • Hairylegs66
    Hairylegs66 Posts: 103
    Hi, I have the later frame with round tubes from when Merlin were selling them half price. How does it ride with the Kinesis forks? I still have my Tig Team SL frame and was thinking about a rigid build so they are an option. I'll post some pictures of my Ti when its been cleaned and I have spare time :)