46th Etoile de Bessèges (start of the season) SPOIL

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited February 2016 in Pro race
Here is my season opener and every time it comes around I breathe a sigh of relief! One of the many tributaries to Milan San Remo

startlist
http://www.procyclingstats.com/race.php?id=164241&c=3 (one lone Brit) 20 year old Jacob Scott

stage 1
Stage-1451510194.png

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    This is a junior race non?
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    This is a junior race non?

Non.
  • This is a junior race non?

42587267-a-cartoon-illustration-of-a-frenchman-with-an-angry-expression.jpg?ver=6
  • Classic early season pile up in the last KM

1. #direct Bryan COQUARD 03h25'38''
    2. #verandas Timothy Dupond st
    3. #wanty Antoine Demoitié st
    4. #roubaix Rudy Barbier st
    5. #lotto Tosh Van der Sande st
    6. #wallonie Baptiste Planckaert st
    7. #topsport Bert Van Lerberghe st
    8. #auber Antony Maldonado st
    9. #veranclassic Justin Jules st
    10.#fdj Arnaud Démare st
  • Dimitri Claeys caught in the last 20 meters.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Forgot about old Chava at Deirect Energie He takes the stage 3

Sylvain_Chavanel_2016.jpg

GC

Chava
    Gallopin
    Vichot
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Good to see Chava taking a win again. I'm hoping he has a decent final season.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • +1 to that.

He is pretty awesome and deserves a decent send off.
  • I've ignored this thread that I started as I was going to say Jerome Copel will win this - then I didn't - then he did

I know it is not much - but you have to foster some sort of expert knowledge on these forums :)

Coppel has been on my revolving my man list since way back but has never really punched above his weight - high GC Avenir/Dauphine - 13th /14th in the Tour 3rd last year in the tt worlds - 3rd twice as u-23 worlds - French champion a few times? A French tester who can climb - the media were salivating .....

31c6f.jpg
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    So top 20 TdF GC anonymity beckons?
  • So top 20 TdF GC anonymity beckons?

He's riding better at IAM ( ie non French team !!) and at 29 you never know - he's got plenty of scope and a seasoned Tour rider ( France and Spain most years) Just can't seem to tick over into the bigger league . His time trialling is still improving
  • possibly because at a non-French team they've spent some time sorting a better TT position for him? For a lot of French teams doing anything vaguely 'scientific' is 'pas normal'.
  • possibly because at a non-French team they've spent some time sorting a better TT position for him? For a lot of French teams doing anything vaguely 'scientific' is 'pas normal'.

Bardet had to fund his own wind tunnel testing in England last year!!!

Bardet had to fund his own wind tunnel testing in England last year!!!

c'est la vie, dans l'equipe Francaise.*

(I know this is probably grammatically incorrect French).