team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited February 2016 in The bottom bracket
Drove a modern car today...strange things ain't they :D
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Did you understand what to do with all the start buttons and E handbrakes?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • team47b
    Hill start assist, wtf :D
  • earth
    earth Posts: 934
    What did you do when it started to park itself?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Did it talk to you?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    was it fast, compared to what you are used to? :)

Work meh day from home today
  • team47b
    TLW1 wrote:

Work meh day from home today

It has three cylinders, which is two more than I'm used to :D

BMW's Variable Valve Lift and Timing injection is a bit quicker than the bubble's gravity fed carb and non variable pushrod :D
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    The bubble is probably easier to park, even without park assist. Park assist in old cars was when your passenger got out to direct you, not always helpful though. I used to tell my sister to get out and I would park for her, I wasn't old enough to drive at the time. Obviously not in this country and on private roads.
    Fairly uneventful day here. Working from home again. Been out to take the girl to school for a while and had a wlak around the block. Exciting stuff.
    More of the same tomorrow.
  • team47b
    Veronese68 wrote:
    The bubble is probably easier to park, even without park assist. Park assist in old cars was when your passenger got out to direct you, not always helpful though.

I normally park the bubble nose in to the pavement to avoid being boxed in i.e. unable to get in the door! I can always open the front door whilst driving to see where the kerb is, a trick that seems to worry peds :D
  • tlw1
    team47b wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    The bubble is probably easier to park, even without park assist. Park assist in old cars was when your passenger got out to direct you, not always helpful though.

I normally park the bubble nose in to the pavement to avoid being boxed in i.e. unable to get in the door! I can always open the front door whilst driving to see where the kerb is, a trick that seems to worry peds :D

Modern boxes put the brakes on when you open the door whilst parking :(
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    TDv's new motor has that thing that when you drive along reeeeeaaaaallllly slowly it looks for parking spaces for you. Weird. I have eyes. I am driving the car and therefore I can see if there may be a parking space.

Anyhow - a day out and about recruiting. Waste of time, but at least we got to look at some girls and drink some free coffees, which is nice.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    TDv's new motor has that thing that when you drive along reeeeeaaaaallllly slowly it looks for parking spaces for you. Weird. I have eyes. I am driving the car and therefore I can see if there may be a parking space.

Anyhow - a day out and about recruiting. Waste of time, but at least we got to look at some girls and drink some free coffees, which is nice.

Merc?
  • Matthewfalle
    TLW1 wrote:

Merc?

Ja. Some black AMG thing. Goes and handles like stink. Utterly lovely but as its TDV's only a matter of time before its smashed up.

A small tea pot appears on the dash when it's looking for a parking space.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:

Merc?

Ja. Some black AMG thing. Goes and handles like stink. Utterly lovely but as its TDV's only a matter of time before its smashed up.

I've ordered mine with a pint glass version
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Unless he was driving a fully laden milk float, the answer would have to be yes.

Lots of meetings today, which kind of beats working for a living. A decent pedal in there and back helped make it a decent day.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    TLW1 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Merc?

Nice. Optional pork scratching holder that pops out of the dash as well I trust?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Evening

Morning involved silly o'clock start, bundling the toots into the car all grouchy and grumbling and driving through a gale up to Glasgow with delays aplenty...managed to catch the flight, just. Seamless flight with hardly any turbulence and then here I am!! Sunny and warm(ish) earlier; 18 deg @ 4pm.
    Will be fraternising and plotting with a bracketeer the morra.

Talking of modern cars. Humph. Hired a Hyundai. Had to figure out how to start it - by depressing the clutch, then how to get the key out - by pushing it in then pulling. What a Pavlova.

Just macked my head on a shelf wot someone put up (Who put that frikkin thing there?) in a successful attempt to get connected by hard wiring the laptop to the router as the Wi Fi didn't work. Now the OH is eager for me to plug it on to the decoder to see if we can get the telly to work, so I shall cut this night's episode short. Unless it doesn't work :wink:

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    TV?, but you have the ocean :D
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    TLW1 wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    What if you need to open the door to see how close you are to the car behind?
    lp500qv139.jpg
    Also useful with overloaded estate cars.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    What if you need to open the door to see how close you are to the car behind?
    lp500qv139.jpg
    Also useful with overloaded estate cars.

But just not as good to look at
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Merc?

Nice. Optional pork scratching holder that pops out of the dash as well I trust?

Bugger it - missed that option
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Evening

Morning involved silly o'clock start, bundling the toots into the car all grouchy and grumbling and driving through a gale up to Glasgow with delays aplenty...managed to catch the flight, just. Seamless flight with hardly any turbulence and then here I am!! Sunny and warm(ish) earlier; 18 deg @ 4pm.

Talking of modern cars. Humph. Hired a Hyundai. Had to figure out how to start it - by depressing the clutch, then how to get the key out - by pushing it in then pulling. What a Pavlova.

Just macked my head on a shelf wot someone put up (Who put that frikkin thing there?) in a successful attempt to get connected by hard wiring the laptop to the router as the Wi Fi didn't work. Now the OH is eager for me to plug it on to the decoder to see if we can get the telly to work, so I shall cut this night's episode short. Unless it doesn't work :wink:

Laters.
    Portugal?
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Evening

Laters.
    Portugal?
    Alsager?
  • Stevo_666
    18 degrees at 4pm? - maybe if you're standing next to a burning wheelie bin?
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:

:)

Good chance you will be there
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Now, if it were a 120 Litre wheelie bin, then it would be hot for about 25 mins. We have 240, 320 and 1100 one's....
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!