TRP HY/RD rubbing

menthel
menthel Posts: 2,484
edited February 2016 in Workshop
The front outside pad is very close (ie might be touching) the disc and is making a noise. Is there any way to adjust the pad? The inside is fine? I have had a scan of the internet and can't see any way to just sort out that one!
RIP commute...
Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.

Comments

• You have to refit the caliper, undo the bolts, it should self centre as you squeeze while tightening the bolts back. It's like any other disc caliper in that respect
    left the forum March 2023
  • menthel
    You have to refit the caliper, undo the bolts, it should self centre as you squeeze while tightening the bolts back. It's like any other disc caliper in that respect

Thanks! One of the down sides to disc brakes. I guess the upside is the ability to stop in the rain!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • menthel wrote:
    You have to refit the caliper, undo the bolts, it should self centre as you squeeze while tightening the bolts back. It's like any other disc caliper in that respect

Thanks! One of the down sides to disc brakes. I guess the upside is the ability to stop in the rain!

Performace in the wet is more consistent, but the other drawback is the wet weather honking of the discs
  • menthel
    menthel wrote:

Performace in the wet is more consistent, but the other drawback is the wet weather honking of the discs

Very true, the standard pads are a little noisy.
    RIP commute...
  • menthel wrote:
    menthel wrote:

When it's wet they all honk... the original red pads TRP fit are semi-metallic
  • menthel
    menthel wrote:
    menthel wrote:

When it's wet they all honk... the original red pads TRP fit are semi-metallic

At least the TRP brakes in general are better than the BB7 ones I had on my old hybrid. And better than long drops that were on the crashed Italia.
    RIP commute...