Taggio Pro Stepster -The Super Portable Foot Pump

Rapido1
Rapido1 Posts: 3
edited February 2016 in MTB general
Hi Everyone!
I would love your feedback on my latest invention that I put on Kickstarter today. To my knowledge it's the powerful, most portable foot pump in the known Universe. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1087940162/taggio-pro-stepster-the-super-portable-foot-pump-f - Thanks in advance!
Cliff

8e8d28b5d7413b90debd25f89ae4d957_original.jpg?v=1454347933&w=680&fit=max&auto=format&q=92&s=dd1292b46d13c5c73f4da7c4c3852d66

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Not sure I see the advantages. It looks a bit big to carry in a pack.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Couple of things that stand out for me:
    • If you're targeting cyclists it needs to fit presta valves without an adaptor that will be lost quicker than you can inflate a tyre.
    • Looks like it's going to take a long time to pump up a 29er tyre. 150 strokes for a 23c road bike tire is a lot, you probably looking at over 300 for a 29er.
    • 95psi isn't enough top satisfy roadies.

Good luck though.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Not sure I see the advantages. It looks a bit big to carry in a pack.
    Did you have a look at kickstarter page? It looks like it's just a bit bigger than a coke can.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • It's an interesting idea, but floor pumps are big for a reason. Big barrel means large volumes of air per stroke, hence why they're effective. Take away the big barrel and all you have is a hand pump that you stamp on. Kudos for trying something different though
    Current fleet
    2015 Transition Scout
    2012 Nukeproof Scalp
    2016 Genesis Latitude
    2012 Transition Double
    2012 Transition Trail or Park

2006 Trek SL1000
    2017 Fly Proton
    ???? Create Polo Bike
  • I'd say things bend well easily when I step on them. To stop them bending so easily you need to add material and good joints, all which add weight. Can't see this filling many gaps in the market tbh
  • batmo
    batmo Posts: 277
    Sorry, I missed the second half of the video through laughing too hard at the dog (apparently) operating the pump!
    Viscount Grand Touring - in bits
    Trek ZX6500 - semi-retired
    HP Velotechnik Spirit
    Brompton M6
    Specialized Camber Comp
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    What's the point?? I have a track pump for home and a mini pump for the extremely slim chance that I get a puncture when I'm out, no way I'm taking something that big on a ride.

Although having just watched the video it is smaller than I thought it was.
  • So it takes the same effort as a hand pump (doesn't look like it can have a massive air chamber at that size) and you have to mess around finding a spot to put it down to use it?

I'll pass.

That and 25-65$ postage. Lolz.
  • kickaxe
    kickaxe Posts: 446
    I fell like it would just tip over if you tried using it on a trail...

How much would that thing cost in production?
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
    -A new Giant Trance 3 2015!
  • Hi Everyone,
    Thanks for all of the great feedback! Very much appreciated.
    Here's the link https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10 ... oot-pump-f

I guess we'll see what happens. Again, Thank You!!!
    Cliff
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Whatever happened to people working hard to fund their businesses themselves like they used to?
    I remember my dad working 18 hours a day, seven days a week for three years just to fund his first machine, with that sort of effort you deserve the success and never give up.
  • Jonesinamilion
    Jonesinamilion Posts: 230
    edited February 2016
    How stable is it on soft / uneven ground would be my question?
  • Whatever happened to people working hard to fund their businesses themselves like they used to?
    I remember my dad working 18 hours a day, seven days a week for three years just to fund his first machine, with that sort of effort you deserve the success and never give up.

This.

I do wander how much extraneous crap is in this world just because a bunch of people all thought it 'could work' and donated small amounts of money to it. Or not so small in some cases.