Experience with the Whyte 802 Compact, or similar. Recommendations for women's bikes please?

Woody33
Woody33 Posts: 2
edited February 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hi all, first post on here.

Now I realise that there are many threads on here about MTBs for women, many of which I've looked at but I would like some more 'personalised' advice.

I'm looking for a hardtail for my girlfriend, the budget is £600-700 but that could be pushed a bit to £750.

At the moment the best women's hardtail in that range seems to be the Whyte 802 compact, so I'm wondering if some people on here have experience with this?

I would also appreciate any recommendations for other bikes in the price range. I want the bike to have an airsprung fork so I realise this will push to the top of my budget.

My girlfriend is not short, about 5 ' 6 " so perhaps doesn't have to be a female specific bike, but of course it's the reach that is the problem when women ride men's bikes.

Would appreciate some advice,

Many thanks,

Tom

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I wouldn't be looking at Womens specific, you'll pay more for the same bike.

Stand out Hardtail at that price point is the Rafal from Decathlon, women tend to need a shorter cockpit as they usually have longer legs (as a proportion of height) than men, if you find a size doesnt suite then swapping to an inline setapost rather than setback may be all that is needed.
    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/rafal-700-mo ... 38359.html
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.