This wont end well....

chris_bass
chris_bass Posts: 4,913
edited February 2016 in The cake stop

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    I know nothing about boxing, but even I know that's a ridiculous idea. He looks like he could take Ali though, and we all know he was the greatest.
  • A few years on Foreman when he came back at 40ish to win a heavyweight belt. That was when it was all fractured with belts held by different world champions. I doubt Bruno is young enough and he's not lucky enough to be doing this at the best time I think. Doubt it will happen.

BTW can he get a boxing licence with BPD? Would he be on medication that excludes him. If not how would it affect him? Won't end well.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    Bruno vs Tyson 3?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • TonyJams
    TonyJams Posts: 214
    I feel very sorry for him, by his own admission he 'needs' to do it rather than is hungry to do it. I wish he could get more work as a pundit on TV and not have to subject himself to this punishment again.
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    It was uncomfortable watching the recent interview with Frank. All is clearly not right with him, sadly.
    For his own safety, there is no way on earth that the powers that be can sanction his return to the ring, but by the look of things he will certainly need some help and support to get over that decision and move on with his life.
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    City Boy wrote:
    It was uncomfortable watching the recent interview with Frank. All is clearly not right with him, sadly.
    For his own safety, there is no way on earth that the powers that be can sanction his return to the ring, but by the look of things he will certainly need some help and support to get over that decision and move on with his life.

I agree, I think he is someone who would really benefit from one of those sport relief challenges, not something as extreme as what Davina did but something like the walk Jo Brand is doing or Eddie Izzard did. Something he can throw himself into and gain a bit of love from the public which I think is what he misses the most.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    A few years on Foreman when he came back at 40ish to win a heavyweight belt. That was when it was all fractured with belts held by different world champions. I doubt Bruno is young enough and he's not lucky enough to be doing this at the best time I think. Doubt it will happen.

BTW can he get a boxing licence with BPD? Would he be on medication that excludes him. If not how would it affect him? Won't end well.

Last I heard (couple of weeks ago on a Radio 4 interview with David Haye) Bruno had had his license application rejected, so it seems like a non starter....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.