Rain jacket/cape

rudivoller22
rudivoller22 Posts: 492
edited January 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi

Looking at getting a decent rain jacket/cape for racing or hard training rides. Also got a few trips to Alps etc this year so something that can get me through long wet days.

So far seems to be between rapha and the Castelli Tempesta (or possibly the Pave). Leaning towards the latter as I use a lot of Castelli so the fit works for me, and there are some good offers on at the moment.

Just wondering if anyone else would recommend anything else or had views on the above. Basically just want something waterproof without being boil in the bag.

Cheers

Comments

• rowlers
    rowlers Posts: 1,614
    Not sure if this is what you're looking for but I've just had my first wet ride in my Sportful Fiandre Extreme Neoshell, it is delightful; warm, very very breathable and kept all of the water out!
    Downsides, the cuffs on the arm warmers are VERY tight & the pockets are rather high on the back...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Rapha race cape has no pockets and isn't the worlds thinnest material so can get quite warm. I wear it if it's absolutely Baltic and wet for harder rides with just a base layer.

In the winter if it's pissing it down I'm still trying to work out what to wear underneath so I don't freeze or boil.