Brrrrrrrrrrrrr Sunday

Matthewfalle
Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
edited February 2016 in The bottom bracket
Salve

Rain fog and wind have put paid to this morning's ride, so running it is. Family stuff all day then weights session and slow cooked lamb shanks for dinner with lashings of red wine.

Ciao
Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Not pleasant here - cold and drizzling. At least I caught up on a bit of sleep.

Had to cancel a brekky in town with mates as both wife and hound are under the weather. Ho hum. Will have to see how things go here - confined to base for the time being.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning all,
    Lazy start to the day. Boy is playing rugby today, bit of a grudge match. I was hoping it wouldn't get too out of hand, then I heard there's money in it for the first person to take out the other team's top man. Oh dear. Glad the EPO isn't allowed to watch.
    This will be followed by a late lunch at my folks'. Might manage another pub trip later.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Good morning shiverers! 8)
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    just did some very soggy laps around the park, soaked to the skin, also picked up a slow puncture grrrr

even the post ride espresso and pain au chocolat is failing to lift my mood

had enough of this weather, time to book a holiday somewhere warmer and much much dryer
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Sunny and cold (relative term) thinking about going for a walk before lunch as I fancy an orange and I know just the tree :D

Had a massive hypo in the night BG 44 and dropping, had to eat:

Fresh dates
    Chocolate biscuits
    Crackers and cheese
    Dried apricots
    The wallpaper
    The duvet

Midnight feast, Wahey :D

High BG this morning, now there's a surprise :roll:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Matthewfalle
    It's just not windy enough really ......

T47: all ok now I hope?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • team47b
    Back to 'normal' now, might just skip riding a bike today, go for a stroll, still thinking about that orange :D
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    team47b wrote:
    Back to 'normal' now, might just skip riding a bike today, go for a stroll, still thinking about that orange :D
    I presume 'normal' is a relative term as well. :P
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    MUCH nicer. 31 deg C sunny and calm, spent a fair chunk of the day in the pool. :8

Did some weights on advice of new Physio, will see if his theory is correct. Even managed a ride this afternoon which merely reminded me how unfit I've become.. Lol. Nice to be out though.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    team47b wrote:
    Sunny and cold (relative term) thinking about going for a walk before lunch as I fancy an orange and I know just the tree :D

Had a massive hypo in the night BG 44 and dropping, had to eat:

Fresh dates
    Chocolate biscuits
    Crackers and cheese
    Dried apricots
    The wallpaper
    The duvet

Midnight feast, Wahey :D

High BG this morning, now there's a surprise :roll:

Don't think there's as much carbohydrate in blown Vinyl than there is in woodchip.
    If you were a bit more savvy, you would have bought a down quilt rather than that man made fibre stuff - doesn't half bung you up that poly wotsit stuff.

Morning

Been mowslty cleaning up after the annual marathon hedge cutting championships. Totally fooked.

Away on the 2nd. Just hope strom Henry blows himself out by Tuesday morning.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    Just googled storm Henry, I take back my comments about it being cold here this mornng :D

For info, not meant to annoy anyone, Currently blue skies, 20c and a nice breeze (downgraded it from 'the wind's a bit strong today')
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Ballysmate wrote:
    How's the ganja man?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    I knew just by the faces who turned up today's club ride was going to hurt. It did. A lot. In a perverse way I enjoyed the ride which left me totally goosed.

I'm just about to start cooking a vegetation risotto and a pasta dish for my over fussy teen daughter. Beer will be consumed and a chilled evening is forecast.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    Slowmart wrote:
    I'm just about to start cooking a vegetation risotto and a pasta dish for my over fussy teen daughter. Beer will be consumed and a chilled evening is forecast.

There's bugger all carbs in rice. Why not eat your wallpaper?
  • Matthewfalle
    Cuddled up on couch with Bambina watching the Chelsea game while lamb shank gently cooks in the slow cooker.

Yum yum yum.

Hmmmm - seems that weights session may be delayed.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    morning ladies, got in at 7.30, slept a bit, struggling through the day, had a mid afternoon burger not helped.

Pulled pork cooking away. Weather is grim, hounds under walked

back to watching ski sunday from the sofa
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • team47b
    Pinno wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:

The carbs are in the wallpaper paste so you only have to lick the back of the paper not eat the wall paper, nom nom :D
  • slowmart
    Pinno wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:

I've not had wallpaper on the walls for 23 years and unless you count oral consumption of special K which was probably last tasted 18 years ago...

Fuc I'm goosed, my legs are more sore than a young Jude Law's ring piece after spending the night in prison with a randy lifer.

Add copious amounts of beer, wine and whisky and I'm clearly heading for a serious session of the munchies....so if I stay awake please forgive the incoherent and offensive posts. Or just call me Stevo :wink:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Matthewfalle
    Too full to do anything.

May just lie in a bath of red wine and snooze until Deutschland 83 starts then drink some more red.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • slowmart
    Too full to do anything.

May just lie in a bath of red wine and snooze until Deutschland 83 starts then drink some more red.

Sounds like a viable strategic plan.... :D

Desmond Tutu
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Too full to do anything.

I watched the entire series of Deutchland 83 on a dodgy site. I don't want to spoil it for you but everybody dies in a nuclear holocaust.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    How's the ganja man?

He had better concentrate on trukin' right and he better not queer on any pitches.
  • Matthewfalle
    seanoconn wrote:
    Too full to do anything.

I watched the entire series of Deutchland 83 on a dodgy site. I don't want to spoil it for you but everybody dies in a nuclear holocaust.

Bugger. Oh well, as Dr Oppenheimer said: "its all fun and games until someone loses an eye".

Anyhow, is it just me or is he actually the shyyyttest spy in the world? About as subtle as me (which as we all know, isn't very), as useful as me (which again, as we all know its very) but at least he gets laid by the fit secretary, which is more than I can say for me.

if I was a spy (or him) I'd have been captured, tortured, shot and my body thrown to the pigs before the end of the first playing of Nina's 99 Luftballons.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    House stuff moving day was improved by the pub

Much needed after the fuckwit who came to pick up the double oven we sold, came on his own and was surprised at how heavy it was
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    Too full to do anything.

Bugger. Oh well, as Dr Oppenheimer said: "its all fun and games until someone loses an eye".

Anyhow, is it just me or is he actually the shyyyttest spy in the world? About as subtle as me (which as we all know, isn't very), as useful as me (which again, as we all know its very) but at least he gets laid by the fit secretary and the gorgeous Yvonne , which is more than I can say for me.

if I was a spy (or him) I'd have been captured, tortured, shot and my body thrown to the pigs before the end of the first playing of Nina's 99 Luftballons.

He even got rid of Carlos thee Jackal.

You're not in his league MF.
  • Matthewfalle
    Agree completely.

Bed the fit secretary.
    Bed the fit daughter.
    Get to Berlin.
    Bump off Carlos the jackal
    Save mother's life
    And still make Phil Collins sound utterly brilliant at the end.

Just a shame he didn't bump off Phil Collins at the same time as he did Carlos ......

How good was the ending tonight?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Agree completely.

Bed the fit secretary.
    Bed the fit daughter.
    Get to Berlin.
    Bump off Carlos the jackal
    Save mother's life
    And still make Phil Collins sound utterly brilliant at the end.

Just a shame he didn't bump off Elton John at the same time as he did Carlos ......

How good was the ending tonight?

FTFY

Alex is turning and he will end up under (no pun intended) his ex-lover... Twists and turns...

I just hope he gets back in the sack with Yvonne soon.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Watched Straight Outta Compton.

That was a seriously good film.