Edge 1000 round trip routing

LeeDa
LeeDa Posts: 82
edited January 2016 in Road buying advice
I'm thinking of getting one and interested in the round trip routing feature. Keen to hear peoples experiences with it. Have the routes been any good? I live in SW London and it's not much use if it often creates loops reaching into central London.

Cheers

Comments

• I was looking at a cheaper Garmin units but in the end decided to go the full hog and got the 1000 performance bundle in December.

Personally, I love it especially the routing options on the unit.

I bought the unit in Thurrock (visiting the wife's family) and used it three times in the Upminster area. On a 30 mile round route it gave me three options: Central London, North London and out into country lanes of Essex. Generally it plots B roads (could still be tricky in large cities). The route out to Essex was great, loads of lanes and Villages.

I inputted a number of Villages into the unit and let it plot the best way. I never went near a busy road and was impressed. The speed of navigation was also very quick and clear.

Before I had the unit I used my phone and Strava, but this doesn't touch the Garmin.

It's a fair amount of money, but I would recommend.