Wristband HR monitor?? Any good?

keith_freel
keith_freel Posts: 22
edited February 2016 in Road buying advice
Has anyone any experience with using a wristband HR monitor with their garmin or Polar bike computer?

Does it work? do they link ok?

I have actually seen some dirt cheap trackers that have bluetooth and HR capabilities that could work and for me would be better that the chest strap.

XIAOMI Mi Pulse is the cheap one...

Comments

• mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    Bought a Scosche monitor and tried it multiple times on a wrist, arm and above biceps. It's in a draw because i am too lazy to ebay it, Garmin chest strap is back in action. Battery age and consistency just was not there for me.
  • I picked up the Mio ​LINK from Amazon Warehouse early last year and it's been great, going in to December I noticed that it's bulky on the wrist when layer clothes and gloves but I've had no other issues.

I would probably pickup the Scosche Rhythm+ when a good deal appears as it offers more variation than the Mio, I would also pickup the Mio over the Chest Strap except when layering clothes and gloves.
    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    I have a mio link which works perfectly for me - i did not get on with the garmin chest straps which regularly failed to deliver. The mio never seems to drop signal to my garmin 800. The only concern i would have is duration of the battery. Mine is likely to die if i have a long day in the saddle ie 8hrs+. May just be my unit but if you are going to be doing regular long rides like this another solution my be better.

Peter
  • Thanks for the response guys :D
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 804
    Have a Garmin Vivosmart HR. Garmin released it with their usual beta firmware and are just getting around to making is usable.

It's not a bad device and tested against a Wahoo strap it's not far off. Tends to be slower to react to changes in HR though and does not track recovery as well. Works well enough for me though with the bonus of broadcasting your HR to an Edge just like a strap.