64cm Helmet - Alternative to MET Crossover XL at £50?

wolfsbane2k
wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
edited January 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi.

I've been using a MET crossover 2013 helmet for a couple of years, after an accident i've replaced it with a new 2016 crossover without really even thinking about it, given the difficulty of finding a comfortable one last time and the want to get back on the road ASAP. I've never felt that it's not been good enough, too heavy, not enough ventilation etc.

However, this one doesn't fit me as quite as well, and i'm considering throwing it back to the LBS ( where it was ordered specially). I'm currently on the road for commuting, but past experience used the same helmet on a MTB, so the "crossover" was perfect.

What do other big headed cyclists use at approx £40?
Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...

Comments

• wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    Do'h.

the LBS had given me the non-XL version.
    No wonder it didn't fit.

Correct size fits perfectly - and I've realised it includes a built in camera mount - will be glad not to strap stuff to the helmet now
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...