Thoughts on these two Cubes please..

Rigga
Rigga Posts: 939
edited January 2016 in Road buying advice
I currently ride a cube peleton race 2014 and am going to upgrade this spring probably to one of the following....
http://www.cube.eu/uk/products/road-rac ... nred-2016/

And
http://www.cube.eu/uk/products/road-rac ... anty-2016/

The first one is £1799 with ultegra and mavic cosmic elite wheels...

The second one is £2599 with dura ace with Ultegra brakes and cassette and Fulcrum Racing 44 aero wheelset...

What are your thoughts and is the second one worth the extra £800?

I realise the geometry is a bit more aggressive then the peleton I'm riding at the moment but I'm ok with that.

I won't be racing it, just two or three rides a week anything between 30 and 100 miles , I'll probably do a few sportives this year too and I'll be keeping the old bike as a winter bike.

Comments

• Buy the first one, sell the groupset, put DA on and still be quids in.
  • Rigga
    Buy the first one, sell the groupset, put DA on and still be quids in.

what are the cosmic elite wheels like?

Edit :Forgot to mention, the second one is actually dura ace with ultegra brakes and cassette.
  • Rigga wrote:

what are the cosmic elite wheels like?

Edit :Forgot to mention, the second one is actually dura ace with ultegra brakes and cassette.

They cost half as much again as the fulcrums (others will have an opinion on whether they are better). If you want the 44's the quattros are the same wheel, £160 from wiggle.
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961

This, though I'd probably keep the Ultegra and buy much nicer wheels for Sunday best and sportive riding
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • Rigga
    Mmm think I might go for the ultegra version then at £1799 and upgrade the wheels.
    Unless anyone else can think of a better bike?
    Cheers for the advice.