Power Meters for Campagnolo

cmcdonnell
cmcdonnell Posts: 97
edited February 2016 in Road buying advice
Anyone tried the Power2Max Type S Campagnolo Power Meter? I want to add a power meter to my setup but it needs to be Campagnolo compatible. SRM is way too expensive so I think i'm left with the Power2Max or wait for the Campagnolo Stages. This would be a bit more than the Stages but not much and will give me a complete chainset with L+R power so it seems worth it but I don't know anyone who uses one. Anyone got any experience with them?

Comments

• izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Or go for Infocranks - they use Praxis Works chainrings that are compatible with Campagnolo
  • Dodger747
    Dodger747 Posts: 305
    Can also go for pedal based or a hub PM if you want to keep the aesthetics of Campag [and who wouldn't want to!]...
    VO2 Max - 79 ml/kg/min
    W/kg - 4.9
  • Infocranks sound great but are seriously ugly imho. Wheel based is ruled out as I have several nice wheels that I change depending on the weather. Pedal based... hmmm tricky one. Get very mixed feedback and got slated by DC Rainmaker http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/10/buye ... ition.html. Need the Euro to fall to make the Power2max better value!!
  • Dodger747
    Dodger747 Posts: 305
    DC Rainmaker really rates the Powertap pedals - and used to like the Vectors [but are currently too expensive against the competition]
    VO2 Max - 79 ml/kg/min
    W/kg - 4.9
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    I've been looking at this for a few years, since the first campag P2M.

I'm going to buy in aug/sept time and have end up with the below options.

Campag P2M, bb cups all ready installed. UT takes seconds to swap and the chainrings the same. Downside no 4 hole Q rings yet and its more money.

Rotor P2M, new bb for all bikes, cheaper.

Rotor LT PM, new bb for all bikes cheapest.

Prob going to go with the Campag P2M however i'm not liking the fact of the 400-500 euro premium over other P2M models.
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • I've been looking at this for a few years, since the first campag P2M.

I'm going to buy in aug/sept time and have end up with the below options.

Campag P2M, bb cups all ready installed. UT takes seconds to swap and the chainrings the same. Downside no 4 hole Q rings yet and its more money.

Rotor P2M, new bb for all bikes, cheaper.

Rotor LT PM, new bb for all bikes cheapest.

Prob going to go with the Campag P2M however i'm not liking the fact of the 400-500 euro premium over other P2M models.

What do you mean 4 hole Q rings? They do a 4 arm spider version now for even more money but it will match 2015 onward campagnolo setups. I have 2015 SR on summer bike and a 2005 10 speed chorus set up on the winterish bike but will probably upgrade to Chorus 11 for next year but held back this year to see what Campy do with discs
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    didn't believe the 4 hole q rings fitted. Same hear ref campag disc.

Wonder whats will happen with EPS now wireless is in the market place
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • Shame the 4 hole version is 200 Euro more... EPS has never interested me, probably too old. Disc brakes seem a good option for an all season bike though to save chewing up rims
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    I have a SRAM Red 22 Quarq with my Campagnolo groupset. Works just fine. Perhaps today I would have a look at the powertap pedals. Not sure the Garmin Vector pedals are compatible with Campagnolo crankset.
  • Vectors are compatable with Campag - work on my Athena and SR cranks :-)
    VO2 Max - 79 ml/kg/min
    W/kg - 4.9