Which frameset?

2»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Haha. I think you could get away with white or better, fluoro bar tape!
  • Where were you planning on getting the Oltre? i'm seriously considering one.
  • src1
    src1 Posts: 301
    Wheelies have the Bianchi Oltre XR2 frame in stock, but only in grey and red right now.
  • Thanks, I'll check it out. Best I've seen so far is £2650.00 at Slane
  • src1
    src1 Posts: 301
    It's a bit heavier than they advertise, but it still feels impossibly light when you pick it up.
    IMG_20160219_105103.jpg

The sparkly finish is growing on me. I think it's a keeper.
    IMG_20160219_121238.jpg
  • defride
    defride Posts: 277
    SRC1 wrote:

I worry about the BBs used on the Spesh and 'dale, does using a shimano chain set and converter mean I'm more likely to get bb creak?

I bought a Hi Mod before Christmas and have been pleasantly surprised. Nothing super boutique on it, Zipp carbon parts, Red with custom 32mm carbon clinchers and it comes in at 6.1kg.

Don't really notice the weight (except when you pick it up) so much as the power delivery, stomp on the pedals and it just goes, you can feel the tyre squirm rather than frame flex as on my Cube. Despite that it doesn't bash you around, every bit as comfortable a ride as you'd hope for from a bike on the trails we call roads around here.

As far as the BB goes from what I've read Praxis adaptor BB is about the best BB for PF30 there is

The other bikes are also likely great, a mate has the Tarmac SL4 and previous version of the Canyon and says they're really similar but he has a slight preference for the handling of the Tarmac.

Best of luck with the decision, don't think you can go far wrong with any of the choices.

edit
    Sorry missed the second page! Congrats on the purchase, hope you enjoy