Castelli BodyPaint shorts advice...

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited January 2016 in Road buying advice
After posting on the "how much gear is too much gear?" thread that I'm cutting back this year, I have one last item that I got in the Jan sales that I'm undecided whether send back. It's a Castelli Cross San Remo skinsuit, which has a nice thermoflex 3/4 sleeve upper section which is stitched into a pair of BodyPaint shorts. Having finally decided it's not 'too' tight I do notice that the shiny Lycra material loses colour when stretched. The suit is black, and the colour "whitens" where stretched. Is this normal for BodyPaints? I'm 74kg (with weight to lose), 38" chest and 34" waist and went for Large in these.
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• lancew
    lancew Posts: 680
    I've noticed that a lot of the Castelli stuff goes red where stretched normally, if that helps.
    Specialized Allez Sport 2013
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    I find that the biggest factor for bib shorts fit is height since waist is pretty much irrelevant. What height are you?
    I am 5ft 10 and the bodypaint large is perfect for me.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    I find that the biggest factor for bib shorts fit is height since waist is pretty much irrelevant. What height are you?
    I am 5ft 10 and the bodypaint large is perfect for me.

I'm 5'8" and a bit tall. Have you noticed the fabric "losing" colour when the material is stretched on you Body Paints? Mine go back to pure black when the material isn't 'under load', but they'd always be slightly stretched when in use and they are supposed to be a compression fit...
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    My wife bought me the San Remo cross which I exchanged for a second Gabba 2. The sizing of castelli does seem a bit all over the place depending on the item. I have Jerseys and Jackets all in small that fir perfect along with a San Remo thermal suit but the Speedsuit and Cross seem much tighter. Not so much in the body but on the hips and thighs.

As mentioned the legs on the thermo suit show red when stretched. This isnt too bad but my san remo 3 speedsuit goes grey on the legs which is very unappealing. Again the top half is fine. If I were to get a bigger size for my legs the rest would be quite baggy. Not ideal on a speedsuit.