Single speed disc hubs

src1
src1 Posts: 301
edited January 2016 in Road buying advice
Can anyone recommend me some reasonably priced single speed disc hubs that take cartidge bearings (not cup & cone)?

Thanks,
Rob.

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Surly or White Industries
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Miche, novatec, Zenith and Formula all make reasonably priced single speed hubs. The Miche and Novatec hubs are quite reliable, the Zenith and formula hubs should be too.

White Industries are lovely but more expensive. The Miche hubs give the best bracing angles.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Disc hubs or track hubs?
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • src1
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Disc hubs or track hubs?

Road disc.
  • src1
    Miche, novatec, Zenith and Formula all make reasonably priced single speed hubs. The Miche and Novatec hubs are quite reliable, the Zenith and formula hubs should be too.

White Industries are lovely but more expensive. The Miche hubs give the best bracing angles.

Thanks, are any of those single speed disc hubs? I checked your website, but they all look non-disc...
  • SRC1 wrote:

Thanks, are any of those single speed disc hubs? I checked your website, but they all look non-disc...

No, I think he misread your thread. As Monty said, Surly or WI
    left the forum March 2023
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    yes I did mis read but there is chub and Phil wood too.

I wonder who makes the hubs found in the Genesis day one. Maybe get one of those wheels

Dt swiss 240 single speed is another option. You use a sprocket with that one. There is a cheaper halo one too.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.