Probably a stupid garmin question so here goes !

stoveman
stoveman Posts: 125
edited January 2016 in Road general
Garmin 520 fitted along with cadence and speed sensor to new bike.Head unit has found these sensors,and I have created the garmin connect account online via my laptop,previously had a strava account too which are linked.
My numpty question is ,how do I upload a ride to Garmin Connect etc.I know once its on Connect it goes automatically to Strava.
Do I plug the garmin into laptop via the cable etc.
Sorry if its a stupid question,but never been a computer whizz!

Phil.

Comments

• No sure if its the same on your model, but on the 1000 I bluetooth my Garmin to my phone and when I finish a ride it auto uploads to Garmin Connect and Strava.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    You need to either plug the Garmin in to your computer, or have it connect to your WiFi or connect to your phone (if it has Connect on it). You might also need Garmin Express on your PC - I don't remember.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • No sure if its the same on your model, but on the 1000 I bluetooth my Garmin to my phone and when I finish a ride it auto uploads to Garmin Connect and Strava.

The OP doesn't mention using a mobile phone, but this is the easiest way once you have the Apps downloaded onto the device.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    Yep. Download the app to a mobile and hook it up via Bluetooth. There a setting to auto upload as soon as a ride is finished.

No cables, no Wifi and certainly no Garmin Express. Works the same as the 510/810 as far as I know.
  • stoveman
    stoveman Posts: 125
    Thanks guys,have got Strava on my mobile,so will download garmin connect and go from there.
    Many thanks again.

Phil.