Road Biking the Ho Chi Minh Highway Dec 4, 2016

el_rey
el_rey Posts: 83
edited October 2017 in Tour & expedition
I am booking this with SpiceRoads. The 922 km route starts just outside Hanoi, pass through farms, orchards, tribal villages, incredible scenery, war sites, visits one of Vietnam’s most spectacular caves, and ends in the ancient royal capital of Hue.

The trip is interesting to me for several reasons. I came of age watching the Vietnam War on American television. Video of bombs dropping on the Ho Chi Minh Trail as the US and its allies tried to stop the follow of supplies and ammunition was part of the nightly news. The Battle of Khe Sanh lasted for almost 6 months in 1968 and was watched daily. The US dropped so much Agent Orange that parts of the former base are still barren. If you are old enough then you certainly remember the DMZ, the Tet Offensive and the Battle of Hue. Riding through these places will be an interesting personal, emotional and historical journey.

Would enjoy hearing the experiences of people who may have cycled the HCM Highway. If you are interested in joining me then take a look at my blog https://getmytravelingshoes.wordpress.c ... -in-hanoi/ Thanks

Comments