Giant Escape 3 or Boardman hybrid sport?

KD550
KD550 Posts: 3
edited January 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi,
I'm looking to purchase a hybrid bike to get me back into cycling and have narrowed it down to two bikes, the Giant Escape 3 or the Boardman hybrid sport, both of which are currently available at the same price point. It would be for leisure and fitness on roads and cycle paths. I would really appreciate any help or advice as to which might be the better purchase out of the two please?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Salsa
    Salsa Posts: 753
    The Boardman has the better spec by far. Specifications are not the be all and end all though, sit on them and see which you prefer. I'd still have the Boardman though, but bear in mind the Boardman range is about to change so all you can get is whatever your local store has in stock.
  • KD550
    KD550 Posts: 3
    Many thanks for your response, I do find myself more drawn towards the Boardman to be honest. Its a fantastic looking bike, just want to make sure i'm not being won over by looks rather than substance. I appreciate I'm only looking at relatively entry level bikes but want to get it right. Halfords have said that they can get one in from another store, unfortunately they only had it in stock in a smaller frame size when i called in, although i did sit on a larger, high spec model which felt good.