Bizango or Canzo

JamMac
JamMac Posts: 7
edited January 2016 in MTB buying advice
Tying to decide what to go for a second hand 2014 Voodoo Bizango ( the yellow and black one) or a similar age Voodoo Canzo

the newer versions seem to have lower spec

http://www.mbr.co.uk/reviews/hardtail/v ... eview-2013

any experience with these bikes anyone?

Comments

• FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Yes I have the 2014 Bizango and very happy with it. Getting it second hand is a good idea.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    The new Bizango is if anything slightly better specced than the old one. It's runs 2x10 instead of the outdated 3x9 and has an alloy stanchion Raidon instead of the steel stanchions that the previous model had. There is a slight downgrade in cranks, Shimano Alivio to a Suntour XCM, but it's only a minor compromise for the other spec upgrades and better overall look (imo).

The Canzo is a decent first full suss but you will be wanting to upgrade parts once you catch the bug and it is on the heavy side. I would say go for the New Bizango, work on the basic skills and look at a full suss for the future. If you become a member of British Cycling, you get 10% off anything in Halfords, and if you're lucky, your local store may even combine that with the "extra 10% off every thing" online offers that appear from time to time.
  • JamMac
    JamMac Posts: 7
    Hi , thank you both , sounds good advise , on the canzo , what elements would I be wanting to upgrade and why ?