Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Cheers for that. Looks like Sunday is mapped out for me. :(
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited January 2016
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Charge the battery fully and see if it goes. Don't know much about Peugeots, always avoid French cars, but with Bosch engine management stuff I would say look at the crank or cam sensors.
    Valve timing shouldn't move so I can't see how it would be that, even with black magic. If it's trying to fire it could be temp sensor, the mixture will be wrong as it thinks it's at a different temperature to reality so tries to run and fails. They are probably quite cheap and easy to replace so could be a good starting point if you'll pardon the pun. Remember to top up the coolant after doing so. I'm sure there is a YouTube video showing you how to do it for that engine.

Oh yeah help him and not help me :roll:

Who said you could muscle in on this one. I've already said to check the battery.

Do you want a fight?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    Pinno wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Thanks for all the info. No, not checked the fuse, will do that in the light.
    The temp sensor was mentioned on the internet forum I visited and is a candidate. If it isn't the fuse I will have to find an indy garage. Main dealer is the nuclear option.

You went to another forum :shock:

Don't worry. I didn't join.

Plus... I came back.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Haven't got anywhere with your problem, had a bit of a think but not sure who to ask. I'm not proud, I'll help almost anyone if I can. The "if I can" being the limiting factor here, some are beyond help. :P
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Haven't got anywhere with your problem, had a bit of a think but not sure who to ask. I'm not proud, I'll help almost anyone if I can. The "if I can" being the limiting factor here, some are beyond help. :P

Drink beer.
  • veronese68
    I've worked out what's wrong with Mrs Bally's motor, it surrendered. Discuss terms of surrender and see if you can coax it back to life.
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Drink beer.
    Tomorrow, and Sunday morning.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Drink beer.
    Tomorrow, and Sunday morning.

What's wrong with tonight?
  • tlw1
    Ballysmate wrote:

If you need any parts pm me and I can get you staff discount on them
  • ballysmate
    TLW1 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Cheers!
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Is there any way he can get them free ?
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

If its one of the many parts we are currently skipping.......................
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Wasn't quite what I was thinking.
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Wasn't quite what I was thinking.

As expected
  • ballysmate
    For the attention of those on here who understand such matters, the wife's car wouldn't start because the timing chain had jumped. Not uncommon apparently.
    Here's me thinking it could be the whatyermecallit not engaging with the thingymebob.
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    For the attention of those on here who understand such matters, the wife's car wouldn't start because the timing chain had jumped. Not uncommon apparently.
    Here's me thinking it could be the whatyermecallit not engaging with the thingymebob.

Ah. Good job no damage was done to the engine. Now you have no excuse to be unhappy.
  • veronese68
    Ballysmate wrote:
    the wife's car wouldn't start because the timing chain had jumped. Not uncommon apparently.
    You know when I said the valve timing shouldn't move, well it shouldn't because that can be catastrophic. If that's not uncommon get rid of the poxy French piece if poo and quick. Timing chains should not jump. ever. Has it done over a million miles? It still shouldn't jump.
  • ballysmate
    I get the bastard thing back tomorrow. Will have more detail then.
  • pinno
    Some are belts and some are chains. I would take a punt on this one being a timing belt jump, not as big as a chain and hence the apparent lack of bent valves.
    I did the one on my Merc W123 series at 160k, despite 60k over due, it never jumped.
  • ballysmate
    2013-03-24_184610_aygo.jpg

As explained to me today, the chain had jumped a couple of teeth @2 which caused mis timing. Hope this means something to someone.

@Veronese68 Have taken on board what you said about this piece of French engineering.
  • veronese68
    :shock: It is a chain and it jumped! Number 5 in that picture is a tensioner, you can guess what it's supposed to do. They should never jump, not ever, ever, ever.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    :shock: It is a chain and it jumped! Number 5 in that picture is a tensioner, you can guess what it's supposed to do. They should never jump, not ever, ever, ever.

Come on, being moody is part of being French isn't it?

Maybe it was a bit chilly the morning some one tried to start it or perhaps it's not been cleaned enough or the air freshener tree contradicted it's sophisticated nasal sensitivities. Maybe the crumbs on the floor are of McVities origin and aren't from croissants. Being British, we'll never ever know if we are fraternising a petite runabout in the right way.