WHICH HEADSET FOR SPECIALIZED ALLEZ?

skyeflyguy
skyeflyguy Posts: 110
edited January 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi can anyone recommend a headset for the above. I think its around 2011 model EN14781. I have done some research and it looks like the Canecreek 40 integrated will fit. Can anyone confirm this, and whether it makes a difference if its the long or short version or recommend something else? Any advice appreciated. :D

Comments

• crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    I used one of these for my Allez, albeit a 2007 model. It's a piece of cake to fit. The hard part is removing the old open bearings. If you don't have a special tool it can be a bit tricky to " tap" it out with a mallet and drift. Once you do that, though, it's easy enough. I change mine every year now as part of the yearly full strip down and rebuild.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cane-creek-headset-bearing
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • Search for replace mindset headset on here plenty of previous threads on how it's done. I got spesh concept store to knock out the cups and now it's just a case of dropping in cartridge bearings if their needed.
  • Thanks all,I will do some more research.