Magicshine helmet mount

larkim
larkim Posts: 2,474
edited January 2016 in MTB general
Got a magicshine (or clone) helmet mount to use with a Bell helmet at the weekend. It came supplied with velcro straps attached on both sides.

First attempt to fit was to simply loop these through the helmet to meet each other, but soon realised that that would be pressing against my skull so not a good idea.

Currently have it looped so that each strap secures to itself, but the "rough" side of the velcro is rubbing on the polystyrene(ish) material on the inside of the helmet, particularly when pulled tight.

Is this the best method to attach? Was thinking an alternative might use cable ties, but worried they'd dig into the polystyrene even more.

Am I, as usual, overthinking this?
2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)

Comments

• JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    I've just cable tied mine on, it has squashed the plastic and marked the foam but it's an old helmet. Google MagicShine helmet mount and there are loads of images
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    Brand new helmet here, so feeling a little precious about it.

Perhaps cable ties with some inner tube cut outs to stop it digging in would be a good option.

(Already done the google thing, didn't really help much!)
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I know it doesn't help. but I'm another that's cable tied it onto an older helmet.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    I keep taking mine off and losing them. Got two, magicshine clone and a Lupine one and I can't find either of the flaming things. I just wrapped the velcro round and round between the vents to secure mine though, worked well enough.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava