Forum home Mountain biking forum MTB general

saddle bag recommendations

tomp95tomp95 Posts: 6
edited February 2016 in MTB general
I'm looking for a saddle bag, i like the look of the wee cog but wondered if theres any other ones people would recommend for the essentials for short ride.

Thanks

Tom

• I went for a timbuk2 saddle pack & love it.

Easy yo fix / remove, key holder, keeps it shape, small & unobtrusive, keeps contents dry and comes in a range of sizes (I have the smallest and it is small! If you want to carry a spare tube and other bits, get the next size up.)
  • BigAlBigAl Posts: 3,122
    I use a Topeak Wedge, can't remember the size. Big enough for tube, multi-tool, phone, wallet etc

Works for me
  • I'd second the Topeak one, I went for a medium. It's got a zip that extends the size of the bag too. Without extending I can get tube, tyre boots, pre glued patches spare links, chain tool, multi tool, knife, tape, emergency money and gel sachets spare cleat, all sorts!
  • I'd second the Topeak one, I went for a medium. It's got a zip that extends the size of the bag too. Without extending I can get tube, tyre boots, pre glued patches spare links, chain tool, multi tool, knife, tape, emergency money and gel sachets spare cleat, all sorts!

This one: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/tope ... p-prod7361
  • eric_draveneric_draven Posts: 1,181
    one more for a Topeak Wedge I have two of them
  • RockmonkeySCRockmonkeySC Posts: 14,770
    How about a nice fanny pack?
  • FishFishFishFish Posts: 2,152
    I keep my stuff in the back pack. I've had bags under the seat (do I need to rephrase that?) but they get muddy and the zips can get clogged up and tear and worse you can't close them when you are done. My fault for not taking care of them.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • mcstumpymcstumpy Posts: 297
    +1 for Topeak Wedge
  • Monty DogMonty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Orlieb Micro - takes a tube, levers and mintool and is fully weather-resistant (no zips to clog)
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • I have to agree with the other people saying the topeak wedge. It is a really nice made bag and is pretty cheap.
  • I use a 5.11 "fanny bag" when I go running or to the gym. Fits perfectly on my MandP shield with an extra charger. Some larger frame pistols may not fit. Deployment is fairly quick and easy, with practice improvement of course. Great product definitely recommends. I think it looks very good too. People can laugh all they want at the gym. At the end of the day, my gun is locked and loaded there, should the need arise.
  • We have these on our mtb and road bikes, roomy and waterproof , often on offer for £10.
    https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BAPODDCWSB/podsacs-daytripper-colour-waterproof-saddle-bag