Bottom Bracket Conversion

clicka
clicka Posts: 7
edited January 2016 in Workshop
I'm hoping there are some technical peeps out there who can help me understand bottom brackets!

I have a 2013 Cannondale CAAD10 which has a BB30 bottom bracket and an FSA Gossamer Chainset (50/34). The outer 50 teeth chain ring is showing signs of "shark fining" so needs replacing, at a cost of about £45. Then doing some surfing i came across an alternative options at Planet X. I'm thinking of upping my game and moving to a racing chainset rather than the compact one, and am interested in the FSA SL-K Light Carbon Chainset Megaexo (http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CSFSSLKL/fsa-sl-k-light-carbon-chainset-megaexo) since after their current promotion it doesn't work out to be that much more expensive than the single chain ring - seems like too good a deal to be missed.

However, as it has a MegaExo bottom bracket I'm not sure if it is compatible with the BB30 I have on my bike. Ive read you can buy adapters and converters but cant find what the best option is.

Do I need a converter? Do I need an adapter? Do I need new bearings?

Or are there better alternatives. If any body can help shed some light on what is prooving to be a very complicated topic it would be greatly appreciated. :D

Comments