San Marco?

PLuKE
PLuKE Posts: 181
edited January 2016 in Road general
I have been looking at the San Marco saddles, the Mantra Carbon FX and Aspide Carbon FX

I currently have a Fizik Antares R3, but I found its not for me, digs into my sit bones after 25-35+ miles

I sit in the middle/front of the saddle. But when the pain gets to much, i shuffle backwards and find the rear of the saddle push's into the sit bone/ bottom bones/

I was told I needed a more rounder shape saddle?

Any advice?
2013 Merida Ride 93 Carbon

Comments

• I have a Regale with carbon rails that I picked up on Black Friday - it's ok but the saddle itself is quite hard. I had a Fi'z:k Aliante beforehand which was fantastic but not good for long distance. I've heard good things about Fabric so maybe have a look at them...
  • If you don't get on with an Antares then ignore the Aspide as they're fairly similar in terms of sit bone comfort. I use an Antares VS on most of my bikes but also use an Aspide Carbon FX on my weight weenie Foil. The back of the Antares is slightly wider than the Aspide and the Aspide has a slight wave (but less than a Concor Racing). It's a stupidly light perch and looks amazing in the flesh.
  • ForumNewbie
    ForumNewbie Posts: 1,664
    I've just sent a San Marco Rolls saddle back as didn't fit. See my thread below:
    viewtopic.php?f=40003&t=13042380
  • bontie
    bontie Posts: 177
    I have a Regale with carbon rails that I picked up on Black Friday - it's ok but the saddle itself is quite hard. I had a Fi'z:k Aliante beforehand which was fantastic but not good for long distance. I've heard good things about Fabric so maybe have a look at them...
    I may be interested in this if you move it on...
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    San Marco Regal might be a decent shout for the OP - it's my current saddle of choice on the race bike - the classic Rolls might be another more rounded saddle.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]