KASK Protone owners CE label?

StillGoing
StillGoing Posts: 5,211
edited January 2016 in Road buying advice
I recently bought a KASK Protone helmet from a "supplier" who shall rename nameless at this stage and sent the item back due to damage on delivery when it was checked. One thing I noticed when checking the CE standard label, is that whilst it was in English, Cyclist had been spelled the Romanian way as CICLIST. Can anyone who has bought a Protone with an English CE standard label please let me know if their's has cyclist spelled the English way, or Romanian way please. A friend who has one is definitely spelled the English way, so I'm wondering if this supplier has got some hooky gear that they're passing on as genuine. Could be early versions, but I suspect not.
I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.

Comments

• mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    Protone 2.0
    ciclists
  • StillGoing
    Can I ask where you bought it from? Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not say publicly. I ask as KASK helmets are supposedly made in Italy (and the USA) and I see no reason why an English language CE label should have a Romanian spelling of cyclist. If you bought from a major retailer, it would put my mind at rest as I doubt they'd be sourcing from dodgy manufacturers.
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    My 2012 Mojito says Ciclists on the CE label.

I really wouldn't worry about it.
  • StillGoing
    I sent a query to KASK direct and they confirm, some helmets have a CE sticker that has wrongly been translated. Worry over. Thanks to those that responded.