Campagnolo wheels- neutron/zonda/eurus?

forestnot1
forestnot1 Posts: 244
edited January 2016 in Road buying advice
Looking for some campagnolo training wheels that can also ride in the Alps potentially if choose not to ride tubs.

Which should I be looking at?

Comments

• dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,222
    I will ask before someone else does, what is your budget?
  • Id say sub £500...

I have Bora tubs so looking for some clinchers for training and maybe use in mountain sportives.
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Not a lot in it but I`d say Neutrons.
    A lot depends on what bike your putting them on !
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    I've had a couple of bikes with Neutrons and they are great wheels with high quality, easily adjustable and serviceable hubs. The bike seems to spring forward when you apply pressure to the pedals - perhaps because of the lightweight low profile rims. They are stiff enough for me at 70kg in my cycling gear but may not be so well suited as the medium profile Zonda and Eurus for heavier riders. They are definitely a bit less stiff than my handbuilt Archetypes/White Industries from Cycle Clinic.

Campag market Neutrons as their climbing wheel and the other two as all-rounders. So if you want to do a lot of riding in the mountains it may be that Neutrons would be the best bet.
  • They would be going on a colnago c59...
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    They would be going on a colnago c59...

Neutron Ultras for sure then.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • MikeBrew
    MikeBrew Posts: 814
    Plus 1 for Neutron Ultras. Brilliant climbing wheels.
  • I have a soft spot for the looks of the neutron and have owned several sets which have all been faultless. Bought some Shamals last year and I now struggle to see where the Neutrons place is in the campy line up as the Shamals are equal or better in all aspects... except maybe appearance but that's subjective. Personally I'd get Shamal Ultras, don't bother with the 2-way fit or the ones with the black coating that rubs off. Neutrons vs Zondas is closer and I'd go Neutrons if I could get them for Zonda money but Zondas are brilliant value. Oh i'm 58 kg btw and can't say I find the Shamals or Neutrons uncomfortable at all
  • rnath
    rnath Posts: 176
    Another +1 for Neutron Ultras. Really enjoying mine... light, very comfy and low profile rim makes them great in cross winds.