Cannondale Supersix Evo or Genesis Zero 2

chrisc1981
chrisc1981 Posts: 45
edited January 2016 in Road buying advice
Anybody have experience of these bikes? They are the same price so no difference there, same groupset and same frame weight. Like the fact the Genesis has an aero shaped frame. I can get the Genesis at a LBS whereas the SSE would be online...Help!

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,789
    Not much in it, both good bikes. Go for the one that fits you best and you most like the look of.
  • :D Yeah, like the look of the Genesis apart from the paint job...Arghh! Both 2015 models incidentally.
  • mrb123
    I have a Zero Team which I had built up with Ultegra and some handbuilt wheels. Brilliant bike, and you don't see to many of them out on the roads. I've also hired a Supersix EVO in Mallorca and I couldn't fault that either.

That said, it must be an advantage of the Genesis that you can buy it from your LBS, assuming that it's a reputable shop and you have confidence in the staff. The Genesis frames have a lifetime warranty, not sure about the Dale.

Like I said, both great bikes. You probably know deep down which you prefer...
  • Supersix Evo. Ridden it, unbelievable bike.
  • I have a Zero Team which I had built up with Ultegra and some handbuilt wheels. Brilliant bike, and you don't see to many of them out on the roads. I've also hired a Supersix EVO in Mallorca and I couldn't fault that either.

That said, it must be an advantage of the Genesis that you can buy it from your LBS, assuming that it's a reputable shop and you have confidence in the staff. The Genesis frames have a lifetime warranty, not sure about the Dale.

Like I said, both great bikes. You probably know deep down which you prefer...

Great, thank you very much for the advice. Yes I am swaying to the Genesis. In fact I am going to put a deposit down at the weekend after a test ride. Quite excited! Sad I know...
    Buying it from my lbs sells it for me. Bottom bracket sounds good too.
    Cheers
  • Well, I picked up my Genesis Zero at the weekend. What a bike! Really impressed by it. Looks lovely, handles really well, rolls pretty damn good too. Never had a 105 11 speed groupset until now, so good. Braking is spot on. 52/36 is perfect for Cornwall riding. Super happy :-)
  • mrb123
    Good choice. Enjoy.
  • Now we just need some pictures!