Giant Anthem X1

jezzasnr
jezzasnr Posts: 225
edited January 2016 in Your mountain bikes
IMG_1737.jpg
Have had a MTB itch that needed scratching for a while, so when a mate was selling this i thought i'd give it a go.
cue a few evenings of servicing, cleaning & lubricating.
and discovering the joy of Giant OverDrive 2.....
So. What do i need to buy? grips, tyres, tubeless, etc.
....like it's golden

Comments

• swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    Ride it and find out what you don't like/need to adjust as you are bound to change things like seat, grips maybe bar length or even stem width and position.

If you ride in muddy places you would be wise changing the racing ralph rear tyre to something more suitable, the front tyre is that a hans dampf?

dropper seat on anthem, I thought these were xc bikes?
  • jezzasnr
    jezzasnr Posts: 225
    New headset, grips & enduro gaurd fitted. Brakes, Forks & seatpost given a good going over.
    Hopefully off out to Haldon Friday / Saturday to have a play and see what i like and what i don't.
    Based on a quick ride up & down the road I'm a little underwhelmed with the discs, but i know it's been stood around for a good while so will see if they improve with a little use.
    ....like it's golden
  • JodyP
    JodyP Posts: 193
    Nice bike. Love the colour scheme.
    Based on a quick ride up & down the road I'm a little underwhelmed with the discs, but i know it's been stood around for a good while so will see if they improve with a little use.

Its probably the Avid brakes. I thought they were decent and was reluctant to change them but being caught out with brake fade at high speed soon changes your mind. Swapped to SLX, the difference is night and day.
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    New headset, grips & enduro gaurd fitted. Brakes, Forks & seatpost given a good going over.
    Hopefully off out to Haldon Friday / Saturday to have a play and see what i like and what i don't.

check the pads could be worn/glazed etc and clean the discs with some isopropyl alcohol in case you got anything on them like oil etc.

or maybe the brakes need a bleed?