Does a new groupset come with all the cables?

domc21
domc21 Posts: 86
edited January 2016 in Road buying advice
As the title suggests, I've just ordered a new Sram Force groupset and wondered if you get all the brake and gear cables including the outer cable?

Ive ordered it from chain reaction cycles...

Thanks

Comments

• arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    You may or you may not.

In my experience with Shimano components, in the past CRC have sent out just the bare items in a plastic bag - sometimes with data sheets but other times without. My guess is that they source OEM stock and repackage it to sell on - that's why their prices are usually the lowest.

If you ordered a complete groupset then you may be lucky and get the full manufacturers packaged items which (certainly in the case of Shimano) are supplied with cable inners and outers plus ferrules and end caps etc.

If you're worried just give them a call and ask
  • kammybear
    kammybear Posts: 500
    If it's a retail groupset then yes e.g. everything is boxed.

OEM = 50/50.

All of my DA9000 bits were retail and the brakes and shifters came with all the cables.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    As above - generally, if it comes in the manufacturer's box then yes. For a full group set I'd hazard a guess at yes, individual shifters then 50/50
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • As the title suggests, I've just ordered a new Sram Force groupset and wondered if you get all the brake and gear cables including the outer cable?

Ive ordered it from chain reaction cycles...

Thanks

Surely you would ask CRC?
  • paul2718
    paul2718 Posts: 471
    A pair of Shimano shifters in a box includes all the cables, inners, outers, little end widgets. Di2 would just include brake cabling.

Paul
  • Yes, it does.
  • You have to remember that there's no such thing as a 'groupset' supplied from Shimano, it's just individual components which may be shipped together by retailers.

But; if you buy Shimano Dual Control Levers, and boxed from the manufacturer, then they do come with cables, inners and outers.