Scott Addict RC

gotwood25
gotwood25 Posts: 314
edited January 2016 in Road buying advice
So in my LBS today and I see a Scott Addict RC from I'm guessing 2011 as per http://www.evanscycles.com/products/scott/addict-rc-2011-road-bike-ec025474 at £1500 and wondered if people thought this was a decent deal?

Didn't have much time to look at it but seemed in immaculate nick, apparently they were selling on behalf of one of their regular customers who is one of the local old boys from a local club. I know it looks dated now but any thoughts on the frame? Found a few reviews from back in the day but not sure how it compares with todays model.

Other details are full Dura Ace 7900 and Ultegra wheels, other than that I didn't have much time to go over it other than looks very clean.

Any thoughts welcome
Cheers

Comments

• flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    It worked well enough for Cav to win multiple Tour stages with 8)
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    It's an awesome frame. Still light and stiff by today's standards. The wheels are decent but hardly add to the value of the package. DA7900 is very good and chainset still fetch a few quid. I'd say at the price is being offered it's a fair deal, but a few hundred quid from a bargain.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • gotwood25
    gotwood25 Posts: 314
    It's an awesome frame. Still light and stiff by today's standards. The wheels are decent but hardly add to the value of the package. DA7900 is very good and chainset still fetch a few quid. I'd say at the price is being offered it's a fair deal, but a few hundred quid from a bargain.

Cheers for the feedback, a big plus is I can get £1000 of it on the C2W scheme. May still go in and see if they'll take £1250