Having some trouble selling my bike (canondale)

Migfuzzy96
Migfuzzy96 Posts: 2
edited January 2016 in Road buying advice
I need to sell my road bike (canondale LIQUIGAS system six)(54" frame)I have been having some trouble trying to get rid of it. I was hoping I could get some help as to where I should I go. :?

Comments

• I need to sell my road bike (canondale LIQUIGAS system six)(54" frame)I have been having some trouble trying to get rid of it. I was hoping I could get some help as to where I should I go. :?

A pal of mine is also selling one just like that. The market is clearly over-supplied.
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Plus the new dales are all going cheap. In my veiw totally overpriced in the first place!
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Plus the new dales are all going cheap. In my veiw totally overpriced in the first place!

Compared to ?
    The Ultegra Supersix is about £1800 think ? You can pay a lot more for an Ultegra equipped bike, De Rosa King or a lot less PlanetX Pro Carbon for £999 ?
    Supersixes have been popular for a long time for good reason and I certainly prefer mine to some but not all of my previous bikes (Cinelli Saetta springs to mind :wink: prob the worst handling bike I`ve had which got good reviews from C+ :? )
    What you riding these days anyway ? I seem to recall you getting through more bikes than me :wink:

Sorry OP, market value is market value and as Solboy said there are a lot availale on Ebay coupled with sale dales so cheap it's driving resale prices down. Perhaps re-think your value aa bit ?
    Its a buyers market mate, best of luck though.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • teebs_123
    teebs_123 Posts: 357
    I'm trying to sell a bike at the moment, but not getting far...

Wrong time of year-people skint from Xmas, weather is poor so not as many people interested in heading out, thus not overly bothered regarding getting a new steed.

I think I'm going to wait until Spring when all the fair weather cyclists start to appear
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    edited January 2016
    When you can get a supersix Evo hi mod frameset for £750 from Pauls Cycles you know the @rse is going to fall out of the 2nd hand cannondale market!
    Depending on the finishing kit you'd be looking at 300 quid max for that. May as well not sell it.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • I need to sell my road bike (canondale LIQUIGAS system six)(54" frame)I have been having some trouble trying to get rid of it. I was hoping I could get some help as to where I should I go. :?
    Maybe not too many folk need a frame as big as 54 inches :wink:
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    I need to sell my road bike (canondale LIQUIGAS system six)(54" frame)I have been having some trouble trying to get rid of it. I was hoping I could get some help as to where I should I go. :?

My guess is the problem is most likely the price you are selling it for - not the location of the ad...
  • ben-----
    ben----- Posts: 573
    > I was hoping I could get some help as to where I should I go.

Spell Cannondale correctly.
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    > I was hoping I could get some help as to where I should I go.

Spell Cannondale correctly.

:lol::lol::lol:
    That`ll be why then !
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    I'm trying to sell a bike at the moment, but not getting far...

Wrong time of year-people skint from Xmas, weather is poor so not as many people interested in heading out, thus not overly bothered regarding getting a new steed.

I think I'm going to wait until Spring when all the fair weather cyclists start to appear

Depends. If you spend time preparing your ad & advertise it in the right place it will sell at any time of year.
    I have recently sold what was my best bike and got quite a bit more than I was expecting, despite it being winter & xmas.

OP, the mistakes people often make is over valuing the bike, or advertising in the wrong places.
    For example, most members of this forum will be far more clued up on the true value of the bike than those on eBay,therefore you are likely to get more on the bay than here. This said, if the model you are selling is widely available on eBay then of course the value will drop.

I would suggest looking at the price similar bikes are going for on eBay & if that is around the ballpark figure you are looking for then list it,but make yours stands out by throwing in pedals or a cheap gps or something.
    If the average selling price is less than you are hoping for ask yourself how badly you need to sell - would it be wiser to keep for a training /winter bike?? Or wait until there is a discount off final valuation fees & then list.
  • ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    OP, you said System Six, not SuperSix, right?

How much are you asking?
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen